Bridal Hair Flower
- Ivory silk rose, 3-1/2” diameter
- Ivory fabric, 8”x12”, two
- Rhinestone button with shank, 3/4”
- Metal hair clip, 2-1/2”
- Ivory sewing thread
- Sewing needle
- Adhesives: The Warm Co. Lite Steam-A-Seam 2 Fusible Webbing, 8”x12”; Beacon Adhesives Fabri-Tac Permanent Adhesive
scissors, iron, ruler, pencil
- Cut stem from bottom of silk petals, leaving no stem showing. Pull petals from bottom of stem but keep stacked in order.
- Remove top petal and about five more evenly spaced petals from flower.
- Fuse iron-on adhesive to one fabric rectangle with right side of fabric facing out. Fuse adhesive side of rectangle to remaining fabric rectangle with right side of fabric facing out.
- To make additional fabric petals, use top silk petal and additional five petals removed from flower as pattern templates. Pin silk petals to fused fabric rectangles; cut out petal shapes.
- Reassemble flower, placing stem through
center, with petals in same order, replacing original silk petals with fabric petals. Adjust size of flower by removing petals if needed.
- When satisfied with petal arrangement, adhere petals together on center and around stem at bottom of flower.
- Adhere rhinestone button on center of flower. Use sewing needle and thread to attach metal hair clip to back of flower.
- 1. Purchase fabric that is the same as the wedding dress. For example, if wedding dress is satin, use satin fabric for additional petals.