Pinwheel Place Cards
- Mini clay pot
- Cardstock: off-white, moss green
- Purple/green double-sided print paper
- Button: purple or green
- Moss, small amount
- Floral foam, scrap
- Wooden dowel, 1/4” diameter
- Rubber stamps: circle, open circle
- Off-white acrylic paint
- Pigment ink: moss green, purple
- Craft wire
- Die-cutting system and Spellbinders Nestabilities Scalloped Oval Die
- Hole punches: 1/16”, 1/4”
- Paper piercing tool and mat
- Computer and printer
- Bone folder
- Adhesives: hot glue gun and sticks, Glue Dots International Mini Glue Dots
scissors, ruler, wire cutters, paintbrush, paper trimmer, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- For stem, apply moss green ink to dowel. Let dry.
- Cut 2-1/2” square from print paper. Fold in half, corner to corner, to make triangle. Unfold and fold in half again opposite way, corner to corner, to make triangle. Use bone folder for extra-crisp folds.
- Cut halfway up folds so four triangles are held together at center. Punch 1/16” hole in left tip of each triangle.
- Thread 6” wire length through front button holes and twist ends on back. Fold triangle tips with holes to center; thread wire end through triangle holes creating pinwheel shape. Wrap wire ends around dowel stem.
- Use computer to print guest’s name on off-white cardstock. Die cut petite scalloped oval around name. Punch hole in top and bottom of oval. Place one stem end through top hole from front and through bottom hole from back.
- For leaf, fold moss green cardstock scrap in half. Cut 3” leaf shape along fold. Unfold leaf; bend to create arched shape. Adhere leaf to dowel using glue dot.
- On covered work surface, basecoat clay pot off-white. Let dry.
- Use moss green ink to stamp open circles and purple ink to stamp closed circles on clay pot. Let dry.
- Hot glue floral foam scrap inside pot and moss onto top of foam scrap. Trim stem to desired length and insert into foam.
- 1. Add wrapped candies or chocolates around base of stem.