Uncle Sam Puppet
- White paper plates, 9”, two
- Craft foam: white, blue
- Cardstock: red, white
- Red teardrop rhinestone, 1/2”
- Pink colored pencil
- Acrylic paints: cream, white
- Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue
scissors, pencil, stapler and staples, paintbrush, black marker, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Cut one plate in half. Recycle one half. Staple remaining half plate and full plate together, with back of each plate facing outward.
- On covered work surface, paint back of un-cut plate cream. Let dry.
- Print out patterns onto copy paper; cut out. Trace patterns on cardstock or craft foam as indicated on pattern; cut out.
- Adhere hair to edge of painted plate to cover staples. Draw eyes, nose, and mouth on face using black marker.
- Paint inside of eyes white; let dry. Color cheeks with pink colored pencil. Adhere eyebrows and beard on face. Use black marker to outline eyebrows, beard, and hair.
- Refer to photo to assemble and adhere hair, hat, bow tie, and shirt onto plates. Let dry.
- Adhere red rhinestone onto center of star on hat. Let dry.
- 1. Trace and cut pattern shapes from white cardstock. Have kids use cardstock “tracers” to trace and cut out pattern pieces.