Soda Can Wreath
- Dow STYROFOAM Brand Foam Half Round Wreath, 12”
- Recycled aluminum red/white soda cans
- Craft knife or utility blade
- Low-temp glue gun and sticks
old scissors, ruler, work gloves, hole punch, fine sandpaper
- Wash and dry soda cans. Wearing work gloves and using craft knife, carefully slice off top and bottom of cans. Cut vertically from top to bottom of can using old scissors; flatten can.
- Cut flattened can into 1”-wide strips. Use ruler and craft knife to score deep lines on can to follow when cutting.
- Cut 1” strips into 3-1/2” lengths. (Note: You will need about 120 lengths to cover wreath.)
- Hot glue ends of each 3-1/2” strip together to make loop.
- Adhere loops onto surface of wreath, beginning in row around inside edge of wreath. Alternate red and white loops, overlapping approximately 3/4”. Continue adhering loops on wreath in four rows until the entire wreath is covered.
- Cut two longer 1” strips from cans for ribbons. Cut ends at angle; adhere ribbons onto center back of wreath.
- Cut 1/2”x2” strip from can. Use paper punch to punch hole at top of strip. Adhere onto center back of wreath for hanger.
- 1. If cut ends are rough or splintered, lightly sand with fine sandpaper.