Patriotic Fun Place Setting
- Red cotton fabric, 18”x22”
- Laura Kelly Designs America the Beautiful Fabric
- Buttons Galore and More Patriotic Button Mix
- Blue flat-backed rhinestones
- White embroidery floss
- Sewing machine and matching thread
- Fiskars: Fuse Creativity System and Medium Circle (0078) and Scallop Circle (0080) Dies; Micro-Tipped Scissors
- Adhesives: Coats & Clark Phoomph for Fabric! Fabric Bonding Sheets, Beacon Adhesives Gem-Tac Permanent Adhesive
iron and pressing surface, non-stick craft mat, straight pins, needle
- 1. Cut red fabric to 18”x12”. Iron to remove wrinkles. Iron each corner over 1/2” then 1/2” again. Along each side of rectangle, iron over 1/2”, then 1/2” again, as on corners. (Note: Corners should now have pointed triangle shape.)
- 2. Pin around each side to secure.
- 3. Sew along each side using matching thread. Secure each corner going over stitching several times. Knot and clip thread ends.
- 4. Cut 18”x2” strip from America the Beautiful fabric. Turn short ends under 1”; press. (Note: Long edges are not turned under; this will create slightly frayed look.) Pin strip to place mat and stitch around edges. Knot and clip thread ends. Press place mat.
- 5. Use needle and white embroidery floss to attach white and blue buttons, approximately 3” apart, along place mat edges. Trim excess floss; knot floss ends on top of buttons.
- 1. Cut 5” squares from desired section of America the Beautiful fabric and fabric bonding sheet. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to press fabric to front of bonding sheet; die cut circle.
- 2. Cut 6” squares from red fabric, America the Beautiful fabric, and fabric bonding sheet. Press wrong sides of fabrics to each side of bonding sheet. Die cut scalloped circle.
- 3. Remove liner from bonded circle and press to scalloped circle.
- 4. Adhere rhinestones around coaster edges. Attach button on bottom of coaster using needle and white embroidery floss; knot ends on top of button.