USA Burlap Banner
- Bazzill Basics Paper Cardstock: White, Navy
- Watercolor paper
- Burlap fabric, 1/4 yd.
- May Arts Woven Burlap Ribbon, 1/2”, 1 yd.
- Natural hemp twine
- BasicGrey White Buttons
- American Crafts Thickers White Vinyl Alphabet Stickers
- Spellbinders Grand Calibur Die-Cutting System and Shapeabilities Dies: Pinwheel Delight (S5-179), Nested Pennants (S5-028)
- Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Markers: reds, blues
- Spray mists: Maya Road Red Maya Mist, Tattered Angels Marshmallow Glimmer Mist
- Beacon Adhesives Zip Dry Paper Glue
paper trimmer, scissors, ruler, pencil, paintbrush, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Die cut three Nested Pennants #4 shapes from burlap. In addition, cut six 1”x3” burlap strips.
- Color one sheet of watercolor paper with variety of red markers. Working over newspaper, mist paper with Red Maya Mist and blend with paintbrush; let dry.
- Color second sheet of watercolor paper with variety of blue markers. Mist with Marshmallow Glimmer Mist, blend, and let dry.
- Die cut/emboss two Pinwheel Delight #6 border shapes from blue watercolor sheet and one from red sheet.
- Cut, fold, and tuck three Pinwheel Delight #5 inset shapes from navy cardstock, following manufacturer’s instructions. Adhere inset shapes to borders.
- Die cut/emboss one Pinwheel Delight #4 border shape from blue watercolor sheet and two from red sheet.
- Cut, fold, and tuck three Pinwheel Delight #3 inset shapes from white cardstock. Adhere inset shapes to borders. Layer and adhere shapes to larger die cuts.
- Die cut/emboss two Pinwheel Delight #2 border shapes from blue watercolor sheet and one from red sheet. Adhere vinyl letter stickers to spell USA. Layer and adhere shapes to stacked die cuts.
- Using wet glue, adhere layered die cuts to burlap pennants. Fold burlap strips into tabs and adhere to each side of pennants; let dry.
- Thread buttons with hemp twine, tying and trimming at front. Adhere buttons to burlap tabs using wet glue; let dry.
- Cut 30” burlap ribbon length and thread through pennants. Tie ribbon ends in bows to hang.
- 1. Use this same design to create name pennants for kids’ rooms or to create a reusable “birthday” banner for all family celebrations.