Mom’s Special Bloom
- Terra cotta pot, 3”
- Dowel, 1/4” diameter, 8” length
- Craft foam: green, pink, yellow
- Acrylic flat-backed rhinestones: pink heart, 3/4”; gold gems, 1/4”, five
- Dow STYROFOAM Brand Foam Ball, 2”
- Ribbon, 5/8”-wide: light green, green/white polka dot
- Green tissue paper, scrap
- Photo of choice
- Acrylic paints: pink, light green
- Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue
scissors, pencil, paintbrush, newspaper (to cover work surface), clear sealer
- On covered work surface, paint flower pot pink. Paint dowel light green. Let dry.
- Adhere green tissue paper around foam ball using tacky glue. Let dry. Press ball firmly inside pot. Insert end of dowel into center of ball. Remove dowel; apply tacky glue into hole and reinsert dowel. Let dry.
- Tie polka dot ribbon bow around top of pot. Adhere heart rhinestone on bow using tacky glue. Let dry.
- Print out patterns onto copy paper. Cut out patterns; trace patterns onto craft foam and cut out.
- Adhere leaves onto dowel. Assemble flower and adhere onto top of dowel. Adhere gold gems to every other petal. Let dry.
- Trim 3-1/8” circle around photo. Adhere photo on center of flower. Let dry.
- 1. Spray a light coat of clear sealer on flower and photo.