- Swarovski Crystals: Garnet rounds, 6mm, two; AB crystal bicones, 4mm, two
- Lucite flowers: burgundy, 17mmx4mm, two; red, 12mmx7mm, eight; fuchsia, 12mmx7mm, eight; light pink, 9mmx5mm, eight
- Silver findings: headpins, 28; jump rings, 14; eye pins, two
- Beadalon Silver Plated Small Cable Chain, eight links
- Pliers: chain-nose, two pairs; round-nose, flat-nose
- Flush cutters
- Metal file
- Seed bead tube
ruler, permanent marker, soft cloth and rubbing alcohol
- To make almond earring wire, curve headpin around seed bead tube (or other rounded shape) with open end of eye facing downwards. See Photo 1.
- Measure and mark center of eye pin. See Photo 2.
- Place jaws of flat-nose pliers on mark; bend eye pin slightly at this point. Remove pliers and finish bending eye pin using your fingers. (Note: This will help reduce any flat spots caused by pliers.) See Photo 3 and Photo 4. Use alcohol and cloth to remove permanent marker.
- If earring wire has rough end, use metal file to smooth.
- Thread red flower on headpin; place it in tip of jaws of chain-nose pliers. Bend headpin above jaws at 45° angle. Place jaws of round-nose pliers in neck of bend; wrap wire around top jaw so it crosses in front of neck forming loop. Remove round-nose pliers and grip loop with chain-nose pliers, while wrapping tail neatly around neck of headpin. Trim excess wire close to neck. See Photo 5, Photo 6, Photo 7, Photo 8, and Photo 9. Repeat process with all flowers except burgundy flower.
- Thread AB crystal and burgundy flower on headpin; make wrapped loop.
- Thread Garnet crystal on headpin; make wrapped loop.
- Connect Garnet crystal to four links of chain using jump ring. Link another jump ring to end of chain; attach burgundy flower. See Photo 10.
- Hook another jump ring into previous jump ring; add two red flowers. See Photo 11. Add another jump ring between these two flowers so one flower sits on either side; add another jump ring and two more red flowers. Repeat process with fuchsia flowers.
- Add jump ring, two pink flowers, almond earring wire, and last two pink flowers.
- Repeat Steps 1-10 to make matching earring.
- 1. Lucite beads are lightweight so earrings designed with many dangles will not weigh earlobes down.