Bless this Home Wall Art
- Scrap lumber, 5-1/2”x5-1/2”x2”
- Pink Paislee She Art Collection 6”x6” Petite Paper Pack
- Pink Paislee She Art Paper Dolls Collage Tissue
- Scrap paper
- October Afternoon Mini Market Cream & Denim Alphabet Stickers
- Unity Stamp Co. Stamps: Christy Tomlinson She Art Stitched Daffodils, Beach Days & Sun Rays Set
- Unity Stamp Co. Acrylic Block
- Martha Stewart Crafts Classic 3-in-1 Butterfly Punch
- Plaid FolkArt Acrylic Colors: Light Blue, Lilac Love
- White gesso
- Tsukineko StazOn Ink Pads: Jet Black, Olive Green
- Faber-Castell Pitt Black Medium Artist’s Pen
- Plaid Matte-Finish Mod Podge
paper trimmer, detail scissors, ruler, pencil, paintbrushes, foam brush, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Prime lumber with gesso; let dry.
- Cut and adhere 4” tissue square to center front of board using Mod Podge; let dry.
- Paint front of board Light Blue, allowing some pattern from tissue to show through. Paint sides Lilac Love. Let dry.
- To create house, cut 2-1/2” square from red paper. Cut green triangle and two striped strips for roof. Cut yellow rectangle for door. Using Mod Podge, adhere pieces to right side of board as shown, placing base of house 1/2” from bottom edge of board.
- Cut 5-1/4”x3/4” green paper strip for grass; fringe top edge with scissors. Adhere to board, leaving top edge free, so grass slightly overlaps bottom of house.
- Using photo as guide and black pen, hand-draw bird onto pink paper; cut out and adhere beneath grass edge closer to left edge of board.
- Stamp Jet Black sun image onto yellow paper; detail cut and adhere to board.
- Spell sentiment using alphabet stickers.
- Punch butterfly from red paper. Detail cut three flowers from floral paper. Adhere pieces to board.
- Use black pen to outline house, door, roof, and flower petals. Draw butterfly trail at left, scallops on roof strips, and leaves around flowers.
- To create border, cut 5” square from scrap paper and place in center of board, leaving 1/4” border exposed around edges. Using Jet Black and Olive Green inks, randomly stamp border with Stitched Daffodil image. Remove scrap paper. Let board dry completely.
- Apply final coat Mod Podge over entire board; let dry.
- 1. If you don’t have scrap lumber, create piece on canvas, wooden plaque, or slate tile instead.