- Glass wide-mouth quart jar
- Rusty Star Screw Lid, 3-1/2” (www.rustytin.com)
- Weaver’s cloth, 1/2 yd.
- Homespun checked fabric scrap
- 6-strand Embroidery Floss (DMC): White; Black (310); Med. Copper (920); Med. Topaz (783)
- Wooden tag, 1-1/2”x2-1/4”
- Americana Acrylic Paints (DecoArt): Soft Black, Antique White
- Small flat back buttons
- Heavy cardstock or chipboard
- Black hemp or trim, 12” length
- Small alphabet stamps
- Black pigment ink pad
- Cameo ultra punch needle and threader
- Embroidery hoop, 10”
- Aleene’s Fabric Fusion (iLoveToCreate)
- Sanding block
- Wax candle
- Rubber bands
- Print and cut out pattern. Transfer pattern to weaver’s cloth, leaving 5” fabric on all sides for hoop positioning. Place pattern in embroidery hoop.
- Paint tag Soft Black. Let dry and randomly rub with candle wax. Paint Antique White. When almost dry, lightly sand surface to reveal distressed finish. Stamp recipe names on tags.
- (Note: Use three strands floss for needle punching.) For Peanut Butter Cups Jar, follow manufacturer’s instructions to thread needle punch tool with three strands Black floss; punch pumpkin features and bat. Using White floss, punch bat outline, background swirls and pumpkin eyes. Using Black floss, punch remainder of pumpkin eyes, mouth and bat. Using Med. Copper, fill in pumpkin. Using Med. Topaz, punch moon. Fill in background and alternating border stripes with Black. Use Med. Copper for remaining border stripes.
- For Sinful Fudge Brownies Jar, follow manufacturer’s instructions to thread needle punch tool with three strands Black floss; punch pumpkin features. Using Black, punch cat. Using white floss, punch pumpkin and cat outlines. Punch stars Med. Topaz and pumpkin Med. Copper. Fill in background with Black. Punch alternating stripes White and Black.
- Cut design from excess fabric, leaving approximately 1/3” on all sides. Use fabric glue to adhere edges to back of design so no muslin shows in front. Glue design to jar front. Secure design with rubber bands while drying, if needed.
- Cut fabric scrap to fit into top of jar lid behind star cut out. Glue button to center of star. Thread hemp through label and tie around jar. Fill jars with recipe ingredients.