Little Bo Peep Bean Bag Toss
- Metal or plastic pail
- Print or pattern papers, in various designs and colors
- Felt: white, black glitter
- Dried beans or rice (for bags)
- Wiggle eyes (two for each bag)
- Tulip Slick White Dimensional Fabric Paint
- Adhesives: découpage medium, glue gun and sticks
scissors, straight pins, ruler or measuring tape, foam brush or paintbrush, white copy paper, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- 1. Adults, help kids when using hot glue gun.
- 1. Print out pattern from copy paper. Have kids color Little Bo Peep with crayons. Draw fences, clouds, grass, and background scenes on white copy paper if desired. Have kids color designs with crayons.
- 2. Cut print papers into strips. Découpage strips onto pail in small sections. To découpage, coat back of paper strip with medium and press onto pail. Apply second coat of medium to front of strip. Continue until pail is covered. Let dry.
- 3. Découpage Little Bo Peep onto pail. Let dry.
Sheep Bean Bags
- 1. For each bag, cut two 4-1/2”x6” white felt rectangles (body). Cut from black glitter felt: 2”x3” rectangle (head) and five 1/2”x1” strips (two legs, two ears, tail). Cut corners from head rectangles.
- 2. Pin body pieces with right sides together. For tail, fold one strip in half and pin on one edge. For legs, fold two strips in half and pin along bottom edge. Hot glue along edges, removing pins as you work. Turn body right side out. Fill with beans or rice. Adhere opening closed.
- 3. Adhere head onto body. Fold ear pieces in half and adhere under top edge of head. Cut corners and trim edges from ears.
- 4. Adhere wiggles eyes onto head. Use White paint to outline nose and mouth. Let dry.
- 1. Wearing rubber gloves makes clean-up quick and easy when using découpage medium.