Monkey Votive Holder
- Glass votive or candle holder, 4”x6”
- Cardstock: brown, tan, blue (or pink for girl), white
- Votive or small candle
- Decorative-edge scissors
- Paper crimper
- Black dimensional paint
- White tacky glue
scissors, ruler, pencil, compass
- Cut 3”-wide brown cardstock strip to fit around candle holder. Run through paper crimper. Cut 2”-wide blue cardstock strip; run through paper crimper. Adhere blue paper strip on center of brown paper strip. Let dry. Adhere around center of candle holder.
- Use compass and pencil to draw 4-1/2”-diameter circle on brown paper. Cut out using regular scissors. Carefully trim edges using decorative-edge scissors.
- Use compass and pencil to cut out 3-1/4”-diameter circle from white paper. Trim around edges using decorative-edge scissors. Adhere white circle on center of brown circle. Let dry. Cut 2-3/4”-diameter blue paper circle. Trim edges using decorative-edge scissors. Adhere blue circle on center of white circle. Let dry.
- Cut 1-1/2”x2” oval for (monkey face) from brown paper. Cut 1/2” circle from brown paper (monkey ears). Cut 1”x1-1/2” oval (monkey muzzle) from tan paper. Adhere muzzle on face. Cut small circle from tan paper; adhere onto center of brown ear circle. Let dry; cut in half for ears. Adhere ears on sides of face. Cut small brown triangle; cut fringe on flat end. Adhere triangle on top of head (for hair). Adhere monkey face on center of circle; let dry.
- Use black dimensional paint to draw smile, eyes, and nostrils. Let dry. Adhere completed circle on center of paper band on candle holder. Let dry on side before using. Insert votive.
- 1. For less mess and to speed up drying time, use adhesive glue dots instead of tacky glue.