Babys First Ornament - Tiny Little Fingers
- DecoArt Americana Acrylics: Black
Plum, Burnt Umber, Camel, French
Vanilla, Raw Sienna, Royal Fuchsia,
Sapphire, Snow (Titanium) White,
- Brushes: Princeton Art and Brush, Select Series 3750: Filbert, #2, #6; Round, #0, #2; Angle, 5/8”; Liner, #10/0; Shader, #12; Mop, 3/4”
- DecoArt: Glamour Dust Crystal;
Acrylic Gesso; Americana Acrylic
Multi-Purpose Sealer; Americana
Acrylic Sealer/Finisher, Matte
- Satin ribbon, 1/4”-wide: pink or blue
- Optional: Iridescent snowflakes;
decorative plastic safety pins; charms
- Glass ball ornament, 4” found at
your local craft store
- 1. Print out pattern; transfer bear outline only. Apply sealer over design area. Use #2 filbert and mix of Gesso + Soft Black (2:1) to slip-slap over sealed area using enough paint to create texture once paint dries. Repeat with Soft Black creating more texture.
- 1. Use pattern as guide for shading
- 1. Lightly transfer details. Use following
colors to dry brush bears so each
highlight color covers a smaller area
creating gradual color change from
light to dark and allowing Soft Black
base color to show as shadow areas:
Burnt Umber, Raw Sienna, mix of Raw
Sienna + Camel (1:1), Camel, then
French Vanilla. (Note: To dry brush
with filbert, wet brush first then tap
off all excess water on paper towel.
- 2. Pick up paint and blend back and forth on palette paper to remove excess paint and to evenly distribute on brush. Lightly sweep back and forth every which way over surface to highlight. Paint should mostly catch on basecoat ridges.)
- 1. Paint eyes and lashes Soft Black. Add French Vanilla highlight dots. For baby, add a little Sapphire to iris and for parents add a touch of Raw Sienna to eyes. Base nose Soft Black. Use brush mix of Raw Sienna and Camel to dash highlight on top of noses. Use Soft Black to paint mouth line and to add all stitching lines; paint inside of mom’s mouth. Use mix of Royal Fuchsia + tch. of Snow White to dry brush cheeks, babies tummy, and mom’s heart area. Use #0 round or liner to wash footpads Burnt Umber; add little
Camel highlight dashes on top of each pad.
- 2. For baby’s bow and heart, base with mix of Royal Fuchsia + tch. of Snow White. Apply sealer over each and sprinkle with Glamour Dust. Use Camel to paint a single hair lock.
Lettering and Snowflakes
- 1. Use liner and mix of Royal Fuchsia + Gesso to paint lettering and snowflakes. (Note: Paint only a few at a time.) While wet, sprinkle with Glamour Dust.
- 2. Spatter here and there with mix of Royal Fuchsia + Snow White (1:1).
- 1. Apply sealer over ornament. Decorate
inside glass ball if desired: add
iridescent snowflakes, plastic safety
pins, “It’s a girl/bow” charm, and