Holiday Place Setting
- DecoArt Americana Acrylics:
Antique Gold, Antique Green, Antique White, Black Plum, Burnt
Umber, Fawn, Graphite, Hauser
Medium Green, Honey Brown, Lamp
(Ebony) Black, Light Buttermilk,
Marigold, Milk Chocolate, Mink
Tan, Moon Yellow, Neutral Grey, Oxblood, Plantation Pine, Santa
Red, Shale Green, True Red
- Brushes: FM Dynasty: Black Gold, Series 206: Shader, #4, #8, #10; Flat Wash, 3/4”; Script, #10/0; Angular, 1/4”, 3/8”; Decorator Collection: Mini Mop, Series 400, 1/2”
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Sealer/Finisher, Matte
- Charger Plate (#A141) and Star
Napkin Ring (#N1025) from Coyote
- 1. Use ruler to find center of charger plate and mark. Place compass on center and draw circle 1-1/2” from edge of charger. Base center area Fawn and outer edge Antique Green. Spatter thinned Lt. Buttermilk across entire surface.
- 2. Shade Plantation Pine along inner edge of outer circle. Shade Burnt Umber along outer edge of inner circle. Dry brush Lt. Buttermilk across Antique Green edge.
- 3. Print out pattern; transfer basic details onto charger.
- 4. Base napkin ring Antique Green and
star Antique Gold. Use Lt. Buttermilk
to dry brush ring and outer edge of
start. Shade star edges Burnt Umber.
- 1. All dry brushing and stippling is done using stencil brush. All floating and highlighting is done using angular brushes. Soften shading along water’s edge with mop brush. All linework is done using script liner.
- 1. Base body and head Antique White; stipple Lt. Buttermilk. Shade edges of
body and legs Mink Tan; deepen with
- 2. Base face, ear, feet, and tail Graphite;
shade Lamp Black along bottom edges of each. Dry brush each Neutral Grey. Line eye Lamp Black.
- 1. Base Antique Green; shade Plantation
Pine. Base wide stripes with wash of Moon Yellow. Use Honey Brown to shade left of vertical stripes and bottom of horizontal stripes. Line stitched stripes Santa Red. Base pocket Antique White; shade Burnt Umber and highlight Lt. Buttermilk. Line stitching Lamp Black.
- 1. Base Antique Gold; shade bottom edges Milk Chocolate and shade top edges Marigold. Dry brush Lt. Buttermilk. Shade mouth of horn Burnt Umber. Outline Lamp Black.
Holly and Berries, Pine Boughs, and Ribbon
- 1. Base holly leaves Hauser Med. Green;
shade bottom edges Plantation Pine and highlight top edges Shale Green. Line veins Shale Green. Base holly berries Santa Red; shade bottom edges Black Plum and highlight top edges Lt. Buttermilk.
- 2. Line pine bough stems Plantation Pine
and pine needles with Plantation Pine
and Shale Green. Base ribbon Santa Red; shade bottom edge Black Plum and highlight True Red. Dry brush Lt.
- 1. Base Antique Gold; shade Burnt Umber and highlight Lt. Buttermilk. Line stem Burnt Umber and dry brush Lt. Buttermilk.
Stars and Lettering
- 1. Base stars Antique Gold; shade bottom
edges Honey Brown and shade top edges Marigold. Dry brush center of stars Lt. Buttermilk. Transfer lettering. Base letters Lamp Black; shade Neutral Grey along left side of letters. Use handle end of brush to dot “holes” Lamp Black. Line wire Burnt Umber; highlight here and there with Oxblood.
- 1. Use Burnt Umber to shade behind sheep
and stars; shade ground under feet.
- 2. Apply several finishing coats.
- 1. Paint pear and pine boughs in same
manner as charger. Use Lt. Buttermilk
to line highlight shine on pear and to
highlight dot berries. Apply several
- 1. For a complete holiday table setting, use charger design to paint a complimentary table runner. Paint a larger wooden star, glue onto a burlap strip to wrap around a candle centerpiece. As a parting gift, use one or both designs to offer each guest an ornament to remember the evening: reduce sheep pattern or enlarge pear pattern as needed.