Dad’s Full House Frame
- Frame (with glass removed), 11”x14”
- Green felt, 11”x14”
- Recycled brown grocery bag
- Playing cards, five
- Poker chips, six
- Photos, 1-1/4”x2-1/4”
- Antique brads, two
- Walnut Hollow Creative HotMarks Tool (with Mini-Flow and Shading points)
- Delta Paper Plus Tea Dye Varnish
- Plaid FolkArt One Stroke Flat Paintbrush, 3/4”
- Adhesives: Beacon Adhesives Fabri-Tac Permanent Adhesive; Glue Dots International Pop Up Glue Dots, 1/2”
heat-resistant surface, fine-grit sandpaper, craft knife, tape, copy paper, transfer paper, small hole punch
- Remove backing from frame. Adhere felt to inside of backing; let dry.
- Print out pattern onto copy paper. Transfer lettering onto grocery bag; cut out.
- Position sign on heat-resistant surface. Follow tool manufacturer’s instructions to trace over letters with Mini-Flow point and shade edges with Shading point.
- Gently wrinkle sign in hands. Smooth out on work surface.
- Lightly sand over sign to distress paper. Apply Tea Dye Varnish; let dry.
- Place felt-covered backing inside frame. Punch two holes in sides of sign; attach brads. Adhere sign to backing.
- Lightly sand playing cards. Use craft knife to cut 1”x2” openings in card centers. Tape photos behind card openings.
- Use adhesive dots to adhere cards to felt. Adhere poker chips to felt as shown.
- 1. If Tea Dye Varnish is not available, use diluted brown watercolor ink to ink edges of paper.