Dad’s Change Jar
- Glass jar, 6-1/2”
- FloraCraft Design It: SimpleStyle Green Wired Burlap Ribbon, 2-1/2”-wide, 24” length
- Hampton Art Ki Memories Mini Celebrations We Are Family Collection: Paper, 12”x12”; Ruffle Stickers, 1 pkg.
- Cream cardstock, 1-1/2"x2-1/2"
- Wooden dowel, 1/4”x8”
- Natural twine, 18” length
- FloraCraft Design It: Floral Shears
- Elmer’s X-ACTO Tools: 9" Paper Trimmer, 8" Stainless Steel Scissors, 12" Metal Ruler
- Elmer's CraftBond Glue Tape Runner
black fine-tip marker, 1/8" paper punch, pencil
- Wrap 24" length of burlap ribbon around neck of jar so that ribbon is folded in half with edges down and knot like necktie. Use scissors to diagonally trim end to a point.
- From yellow/gold section of paper, use paper trimmer to cut 2"x3-1/2" rectangle. Use scissors to cut V-notch in one short end for flag. From Ruffle Sticker package, use trim piece and attach to other end of tag, parallel to short side. Attach "You Are Very Special" sticker, slightly overlapping trim.
- Use paper punch to make hole in top left corner of flag. String with twine, wrap around neck of jar on right side of burlap tie, and secure with knot. Use scissors to trim ends.
- Follow Steps 2 and 3 to make another flag using striped paper. Use tape runner to mount 1-1/2"x2-1/2" cream cardstock to flag. Use marker to write "Dad's Change Jar".
- Use tape runner to attach flag to dowel. Place dowel into jar. Add coins to jar.
- 1. Kids can write in pencil first and then trace over letters with marker.