Star-Spangled Cuff Bracelet
- Swarovski Crystal Bicones, 4mm: Light Siam, 194; Sapphire, 43
- White glass pearls, 4mm, 156
- Silver star beads, 6mm, 26
- Silver findings: three-hole spacers, eight; eye pins, 61mm, two, 30mm, four; headpins, 30mm, four
- Silver bracelet memory wire, nine coils
- Pliers: chain-nose, round-nose
- Flush cutters, memory wire shears
- 1. Cuff has 2-1/4" internal diameter.
Star Spangled Cuff Bracelet
- 1. Cut memory wire into nine separate rings using memory wire shears. Turn inward-facing loop at one end of each coil using round-nose pliers. See Photo 1.
- 2. On Coil 1, string 20 Light Siam crystals and spacer. Add five Sapphire crystals and four star beads in alternating pattern. Thread on another spacer and 14 Light Siam crystals. Trim end of wire to 3/8”; turn inward-facing loop.
- 3. On Coil 2, string 20 White pearls; thread wire through second hole on spacer. Thread five star beads and four Sapphire beads in alternating pattern. Thread wire through second hole on spacer; add 14 White pearls. Trim wire to 3/8”; turn inward-facing loop.
- 4. On Coil 3, repeat Step 2 but after threading wire through third hole on spacer, add another spacer. See Photo 2.
- 5. For Coil 4, repeat Step 3.
- 6. For Coil 5, thread 10 Light Siam, spacer, and another 10 Light Siam crystals. Thread wire through last hole on spacer; string five Sapphire crystals and four stars in alternating pattern. Thread wire through last hole on spacer. Add four Light Siam crystals, spacer, and 10 more Light Siam crystals. Turn loop at end.
- 7. For Coil 6, thread 10 White pearls; thread wire through spacer and add 24 White pearls. Thread wire through spacer and add 10 more White pearls. Trim wire to 3/8”; turn loop.
- 8. For Coil 7, thread 10 Light Siam crystals; thread wire through spacer and add another spacer. String 24 more Light Siam crystals and thread through spacer. Add another spacer and string 10 more Light Siam crystals. Trim wire to 3/8”; turn loop.
- 9. For Coil 8, repeat Step 7. For Coil 9, substitute Light Siam crystals for White pearls.
- 10. On long eye pin, string Sapphire crystal and thread through first loop on cuff. Add another Sapphire crystal and thread through second loop on cuff. Continue adding Sapphire crystals and threading through loops, finishing with Sapphire crystal. Trim end and turn loop. Repeat on other end of cuff. See Photo 3.
- 11. Thread remaining four star beads on headpins; make wrapped loop on each. Thread remaining four Light Siam crystals on eye pins; turn simple loop on each. Connect star bead to each crystal component; attach each to each loop on ends of cuff.
- 1. Experiment with uniform seed beads, crystal bicones, or glass beads in patriotic colors.
Star-Spangled Cuff Bracelet