- Recycled jar, 6” tall
- Craft foam: orange, yellow, red, black, brown
- Construction paper: yellow, gray, orange
- Wiggle eyes, 1”, two
- Decorative-edge scissors
- Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue
scissors, pencil, black marker, rubber bands
- Print out patterns. Cut patterns from craft foam and construction paper as indicated.
- Wash and dry recycled jar; remove all labels if needed.
- Adhere wings on each side of body. Let dry. Apply glue on inside area of each wing; wrap and adhere around jar. Use rubber bands to hold wings in place until dry. Adhere hat band and buckle on hat. Let dry.
- Fold beak as indicated on pattern; adhere beak and wattle on face. Adhere hat and wiggle eyes on head.
- Adhere feet on bottom of jar. Adhere feathers on sides of body.
- Cut 3-1/2”-long strips of orange construction paper. Use decorative-edge scissors to trim edges. Leave strips near Thankful Turkey with black marker; encourage kids and family to write things they’re thankful for on strips. Add strips to jar.