- Papier-mâché boxes: rectangle (bear), 2-1/2”x3”; oval (lion), 2-1/2”x3-1/2”; heart (tiger), 2-1/2”x3”
- Wooden shapes: circles, 1-1/4”, five; 3/4”, one; 3/8”, one; five 3/4” triangles; circle disc, 1-1/2”
- Wiggle eyes, 10mm, six
- Brown felt, 1-1/4”x10”
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints: Antique Gold, Fawn, Lamp Black, Sable Brown, Tangelo Orange, White Wash
- Loew-Cornell American Painter Paintbrushes: Wash, 1/2”; Shader #10, 14
- Red chalk
- Beacon Adhesives Kid Choice! Glue
scissors, sandpaper, cotton q-tip, black marker, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Cut one large wooden circle in half using scissors (for bear’s ears). Sand edges if needed.
- On covered work surface, paint rectangular box (bear) and half circles (ears) Sable Brown; 1-1/2” circle disc (bear’s muzzle) Fawn; heart box (tiger) and two triangles (tiger’s ears) Tangelo Orange; oval box (lion) and two triangles (lion’s ears) Antique Gold; 3/4” circle (lion’s nose), 3/8” circle (bear’s nose), and triangle (tiger’s nose) Lamp Black; four 1-1/4” circles (tiger and lion’s muzzles) White Wash. Let dry.
- Outline all painted pieces and boxes with black marker.
- Rub red chalk on cheeks. Adhere cheeks to lion and tiger and muzzle to bear. Adhere small noses on faces. Rub red chalk on lion and bear’s ears. Adhere eyes to faces and draw eyebrows with marker.
- For bear, adhere ears on head. Draw lines and dots on muzzle using marker.
- For tiger, adhere ears on head. Draw whiskers on cheeks and stripes on sides of face and ears.
- For lion, adhere ears on head. Draw whiskers on cheeks. For mane, cut 1” fringe along long edge of brown felt. Adhere felt around lid on box. Let dry.
- 1. Substitute craft foam shapes for wooden shapes by using sizes noted in materials.