Tri-Metal Stamped Necklace
- Silver spoon
- Cousin Corp. Second Skin: Cord, 1/2”x5”, two; Silver Circle Link Chain, 18” length; Silver Double Link Chain, 43” length
- Cousin Corp. Jewelry Basics: Silver Ribbon Clamps, two; Silver Starter Pack
- Impress Art: Brass Chandelier with Ring; Copper Offset Oval Washer with Ring, 2”; Brass Oval Washer with Ring, 1-1/4”
- PJ TOOL & Supply: Adjustable Jeweler’s Saw; Jeweler’s Saw Blades, size 4/0
- Impress Art: Steel Stamping Block, Metal Stamping Hammer, Ballroom Boogie Letter Stamping Set, Butterfly Swirl Stamp
- Metal file, metal punch, v-block and clamp
- Flat-nose pliers
- Gorilla Glue Super Glue
steel wool, scissors, clothespins, black marker
- 1. Thread 1/2” of cord through one link on silver circle link chain; adhere cord in place using glue. Fold chain in half; thread second cord through end on chain, adhering in place. Secure both cord ends with clothespin until glue dries. See Photo 1.
- 2. Create four strands from double-link chain; use jump rings from starter pack to attach chain to silver circle link chain. See Photo 2.
- 3. Attach ribbon clamps to open ends of cord; use jump rings to fasten toggle clasp from starter pack to ribbon clamps.
- 1. Use black marker to mark where to cut handle from spoon. Punch hole for jump ring 1/4” below mark.
- 2. Position spoon on v-block; use jeweler’s saw to cut off spoon handle. Sand cut edges of spoon handle with metal file. See Photo 3.
- 3. Stamp initial onto chandelier with Ballroom Boogie Letter stamping blank. See Photo 4. Apply marker over stamped letter to darken stamped area; polish stamped chandelier with steel wool to remove excess ink. Turn blank over and lightly tap with hammer to flatten.
- 4. Randomly stamp oval washer with Butterfly Swirl stamp; apply marker over stamped letter to darken stamped area. Polish stamped chandelier with steel wool to remove excess ink. Turn blank over; lightly tap with hammer to flatten.
- 5. Assemble stamped blanks and spoon handle by securing together with jump ring from starter pack. See Photo 5. Use same jump ring to attach pendant to necklace base.