Cork Message Center
- Unfinished wood frame, 12”x12”
- Off-white cardstock
- Coordinating papers: light green, bright green, green check, orange check, stripe, large floral print, blue dot
- Basic Grey Fibers
- Coordinating buttons
- Silver paper fasteners, medium, four
- Eyelets: round silver, metal screw
- Cup hooks, 7/8”, four
- 3M Post-it Notepad, 1-1/2”x2”
- Cork sheet, 1/4” thick
- Heavy cardboard, 10”x10”
- DecoArt Americana Wedgewood Blue Acrylic Paint
- Blue ink pad
- Hole punch: 1/8”, 3/16”
- Corner rounder punch (optional)
- Circle punches: 1-1/4”, 1-1/2”, 1-3/4”
- Scoring tool
- Beacon Adhesives Zip Dry Paper Glue
scissors, ruler, paper trimmer, paintbrush, pencil, sandpaper, black marker
- Remove backing from frame; lightly sand frame edges. Basecoat Wedgewood Blue; let dry. Lightly sand painted edges for aged look.
- Trace and cut out frame shape from light green paper. Cut narrow strips from striped and checked papers; adhere across top, bottom, and sides of paper frame, overlapping ends. Cut 1-3/4”x11” piece from large floral print paper. Round left corner on strip if wood frame has rounded corners. Ink edges and adhere to left side of paper frame. Punch 1/8” hole and attach paper fastener.
- Punch four 1-3/4” circles from bright green paper; sand edges. Punch four 1-1/2” circles from green check, and four 1” circles from blue dot paper. Adhere circles on top of each other. Evenly space and adhere circles across paper frame bottom. Punch 3/16” holes in centers of circles.
- For pockets, cut 2-1/2”x3”, 2”x5”, and 2”x4” pieces from cardstock. Score lines 1/2” from bottom edges; fold to back. Cut 1-1/4”x3-1/2” and 1-1/4”x2-1/2” pieces from large floral print and stripe papers. Adhere across tops of wide pockets. Punch 1-1/4” circle from large floral print paper; adhere to center of narrow pocket. Punch 1/8” hole in center of each pocket; attach paper fasteners. Punch half circle from top centers of pockets. Adhere assembled pockets to right side and top of paper frame.
- Adhere assembled paper frame to front of wood frame; sand edges. Attach cup hooks to holes in centers of circles at frame bottom edge. Attach metal screw eyelet to top left side of frame. Adhere notepad to left side of frame.
- Sand edges of buttons. Insert fibers through two buttons and tie on top. Adhere three buttons to frame right side, above pocket. Adhere remaining buttons to thumbtacks. Attach fibers to pen, then to eyelet on frame.
- For treasure tag, cut 3/4”x4” piece from orange check paper; trim two corners for tag shape and ink edges. Print “treasure” on tag with black marker. Punch 3-16” hole in tag top; attach eyelet. Tie fibers through hole, and tuck tag inside pocket.
- Cut corkboard to fit 10”x10” heavy cardboard (or size to fit inside frame.); adhere to cardboard. Insert corkboard into frame and replace backing.