Americana Floor Cloth
- Half-round rug, 18”x36”
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints: Light Buttermilk, Country Red, Uniform Blue, Antique Gold
- Plaid FolkArt Clearcote Extra Thick Glaze
- Paintbrushes: round; flat; foam, 2”-wide
newspaper (to cover work surface)
- 1. Use photo as painting guide.
- 1. Use foam brush to basecoat front of rug Light Buttermilk.
- 2. Print and cut out patterns. Place heart pattern in left top corner of rug, 3” from top and 6” from side. Transfer heart pattern and draw horizontal lines 2-5/8” apart across rug for stripes. Use foam brush to paint alternating Country Red and Light Buttermilk stripes. (Note: Wiggle brush slightly to make irregular edges. Do not paint through heart.)
- 3. Carefully cut letters from pattern apart. Transfer letters to Light Buttermilk stripes to read “my home sweet home.” Transfer three small stars to Light Buttermilk stripes. Use a round paintbrush to outline heart and letters with Uniform Blue and stars with Antique Gold. Use a flat brush to fill in center of shapes.
- 4. Following manufacturer’s instructions, spray two or three coats of glaze evenly over entire rug.