Birthday Girl Monkey
- National Nonwovens WoolFelt: Chocolate, Wheat Fields, Black, Robin’s Egg, Cotton Candy, Chartreuse, White
- Fairfield Poly-fil Fiberfill Stuffing
- Floral print fabric, 9”x42”
- Chenille stem
- Sewing machine and matching threads
- Adhesives: Beacon Adhesives Fabri-Tac Permanent Adhesive, The Warm Co. Steam-A-Seam 2 Fusible Tape
scissors, ruler, cardstock, iron and pressing surface, gray and white transfer paper, pencil, tissue paper, sewing needle
- 1. All seams are 1/4”. Sew pieces together with right sides facing unless otherwise noted. Use same-color thread when sewing felt pieces.
- 1. Print out patterns. Transfer patterns onto felt and cut out. Cut 1/2”-wide Cotton Candy strip; tie into bow.
- 2. For forehead, sew center seam. Sew forehead to back of head. For muzzle, sew center seams, internal seams, and outer edge, leaving opening for turning. Turn right side out. Use embroidery floss to add details on muzzle. Stuff muzzle and sew opening closed. Center muzzle on face and hand-sew to secure.
- 3. For ears, hand-sew ear pieces together using gathering stitch. Pin ears in place on head.
- 4. For head, machine-sew face and back of head together, leaving opening for turning. Turn right side out.
- 5. For hands and feet, sew pieces together along outside edges; turn right side out and lightly stuff with fiberfill. Sew thumb definition on right side of hands and feet. Hand-sew openings closed.
- 6. For tail, machine-sew wrong sides together along outer edge using overedge stitch; insert chenille stem. Pin tail into place between back pieces.
- 7. For body pieces, machine-sew center seams. Sew front of body to face and back of body to back of head.
- 8. For arms and legs, machine-sew side seams, leaving small opening; turn right side out. Pin onto front body piece and machine-sew to secure.
- 9. Machine-sew side seams on body; turn monkey right side out. Stuff with fiberfill and hand-sew bottom opening closed. Stuff arms with fiberfill; insert hands on ends of arms and machine-sew together. Stuff legs with fiberfill; hand-sew feet onto end of legs.
- 10. For dress, machine-sew back of dress to front of dress. Adhere collar on front of dress using fabric glue. Hand-sew gathering stitches along top and bottom edges on bottom of dress. Pin unfinished edge under top of dress with right sides facing; sew together on right side. Use fusible tape to adhere bottom edge under top edge. Use fusible tape to adhere center back pieces of dress together.
- 11. Adhere eyes on face and bow onto top of head. Let dry.