It's December 26th!!!
- DecoArt Americana Acrylics:
Antique Maroon, Burnt Sienna,
Burnt Umber, Deep Burgundy, Deep
Midnight Blue, French Grey Blue,
Ice Blue, Light Buttermilk, Light
French Blue, Medium Flesh, Snow
(Titanium) White, Tomato Red
- Brushes: Royal & Langnickel:
Aqualon: Glaze Wash, Series R2700, 3/4”; Shader, Series R2150, #4, #8, #12; Liner, Series R2595, #4; Royal Fusion: Comb, Series R3130, 1/2”; Golden Taklon: Comb, Series R730, 1/2”; Signature Series: Bobbie’s Blenders: SM, MD, LG; Delane Lange Soft Stippler, SM
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Multi-Purpose Sealer; DuraClear Varnish,
- Large Snowflake (PX151) from
- 1. Seal surface; let dry and sand lightly
with sandpaper. Use Lt. Buttermilk to
base snowflake tendrils. Use Deep
Midnight Blue to base interior circle
and entire back of flake. Spatter
tendrils and shade outer edges of
tendrils Deep Midnight Blue. Use liner and Deep Midnight Blue to paint snowflake designs on tendrils.
- 2. Print out pattern; transfer basic details onto interior circle.
- 3. Use Med. Flesh to base face, cheeks, and nose. Base hat Lt. French Blue. Base beard and mustache Ice Blue. Base mouth opening Antique Maroon and lip Tomato Red. Transfer details.
- 1. Use #4 shader and thinned Deep Burgundy to paint wide vertical and horizontal stripes; then use liner and thinned Deep Midnight Blue to paint thin stripes on either side of burgundy stripes. Use Deep Midnight Blue to shade hat creases twice; highlight hat French Grey Blue then Lt. French Blue.
- 1. Shade Burnt Sienna and then in darkest areas with Burnt Umber. Use mix of Deep Midnight Blue + Burnt Umber (1:1) to paint comma stroke eyes. Use liner and Snow White to paint eyebrows. Blush cheeks and nose Tomato Red; shade each with Burnt Sienna and then Burnt Umber.
Shade lip Antique Maroon. Add Lt. Buttermilk comma stroke highlights to cheeks, nose, and lip.
Beard and Mustache
- 1. Use 1/2” comb to paint each in layers: start with Lt. Buttermilk, then French Grey Blue, and then with Snow White. Shade each Deep Midnight Blue.
Hat Band and Pom-Pom
- 1. Use stippler for soft fuzzy look. For hat band, start in center and move left, working wet-on-wet. Stipple Snow White then Ice Blue next to white (wipe brush and stipple edges together). Then stipple French Grey Blue onto Ice Blue.
Stipple Deep Midnight Blue on hat band behind pompom. (Note: Do not wash brush between colors, just wipe.) Reapply Snow White to center of hat band; repeat steps moving to right. Repeat same technique for pom-pom, starting at right and working left.
- 1. Spatter inner circle Snow White. Apply two to three varnish coats.