Snow Days of Christmas
- DecoArt: Americana Acrylics: Antique Maroon, Antique Rose, Antique White, Avocado Dip, Blue Haze, Blue Mist, Burnt Orange, Burnt Sienna, Deep Midnight Blue,
Graphite, Hauser Light Green,
Hauser Medium Green, Lamp
(Ebony) Black, Light Mocha,
Medium Flesh, Milk Chocolate,
Neutral Grey, Shading Flesh, Snow
(Titanium) White, Tuscan Red,
Yellow Ochre; Hot Shots: Fiery Red
- Brushes: The Artist’s Club Papillon: Angular Shader, 5/8”; Shader, #4, #8; Script Liner, #6/0; Filbert Comb, 1/4”;
Stipple Set; Highlighter Set
- Loew-Cornell Specialty: Maxine’s
Oval Mop Goat Hair, Series 270,
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic: Multi-Purpose Sealer; Sealer/Finisher,
- Craft wire
- Holiday fabric scraps for bows
- Banner Ornaments (#101314), 2-1/2”x3-3/4” from Cabin Crafters
- 1. Sand ornaments and seal each with multi-purpose sealer. Sand again; wipe dust.
- 2. Print out patterns; transfer basic details onto each ornament.
- 3. Base angel as follows: face and neck Med. Flesh; collar Lt. Mocha; wings Antique White; dress Hauser Lt. Green; ornament top Tuscan Red; background arch Blue Mist; star Yellow Ochre.
- 4. Base Santa as follows: face Med. Flesh; hair, beard, and mustache Neutral Grey; hat Tuscan Red; stipple hat cuff and pom-pom Milk Chocolate; ornament top Hauser Lt. Green; background arch Blue Mist; star Yellow Ochre.
- 5. Base snowman as follows: face Deep Midnight Blue; stipple face Lt. Mocha; hat Hauser Lt. Green; scarf Tuscan Red; ornament top Blue Haze; background arch Blue Mist; star Yellow Ochre.
- 1. Use Shading Flesh to shade along edges of head and on neck under chin. Dry brush Lt. Mocha highlight in center of face. Blush cheeks Antique Rose. Base nose Tuscan Red; shade Antique Maroon along bottom. Use Lamp Black to paint eyes, lashes, brows, and mouth stitching. Paint heart “lips” Antique Rose. Use Lt. Mocha to add highlight dots to eyes and cheeks, and to add highlight line on right side of nose. Outline head Lamp Black.
- 2. Use Antique Maroon to paint plaid lines on ornament top. Shade Antique Maroon along bottom edge and around star; highlight top corners Fiery Red. Shade Blue Haze along top edge of background arch.
- 3. For wings, shade Milk Chocolate along both sides of quilted lines; highlight center areas Lt. Mocha. Shade Antique White along top of collar. Line tree trunks on collar Milk Chocolate and line branches Hauser Med. Green; dot tree tops Tuscan Red.
- 4. Paint dress stripes Hauser Med. Green. Use same color to shade dress under collar, along outside of arms, and against arms on dress. Dry brush Avocado Dip highlight in center areas
of dress and sleeves.
- 5. Shade bottom of star points Burnt Sienna; highlight center of star Lt.
Mocha. Use Lamp Black to outline design, to add stitch lines on wings
and along top arch, and to line year.
- 6. Use liner to base hair Tuscan Red.
Shade loops Antique Maroon where
one overlaps another; highlight loops
Fiery Red. Outline Lamp Black.
- 1. Shade face under hat and above nose Shading Flesh. Blush cheeks and bottom of nose Antique Rose. Highlight eye area and top of nose Lt. Mocha. Paint eyes Lamp Black. Use Lt. Mocha to highlight dot eyes and top of cheeks; paint eyebrows.
- 2. Paint plaid hat lines Antique Maroon.
Use same color to shade hat above fur cuff, in folds and along both sides of tail. Highlight center area Fiery Red. Outline Lamp Black.
- 3. Use Hauser Med. Green to paint vertical stripes on ornament top. Use same color to shade ornament top along bottom edge and around star; highlight top corners Avocado Dip. Shade Blue Haze along top edge of background arch.
- 4. Use filbert comb and thinned Lt. Mocha to stroke hair, beard, and mustache. Stroke again with Snow White. Use Graphite to shade hair under hat and bottom corners of beard. Use Snow White to line hair, beard, and mustache to break up shade lines.
- 5. Stipple hat cuff and pom-pom with Antique White and then with Lt. Mocha. Use Milk Chocolate to shade sides of cuff and along bottom of pom-pom.
- 6. Shade bottom of star points Burnt Sienna; highlight center of star Lt.
Mocha. Use Lamp Black to outline design, to add stitch lines along top
arch, and to line year.
- 1. Shade face under hat and along sides Deep Midnight Blue. Highlight center of face Snow White. Blush cheeks Antique Rose. Base nose Burnt Orange; shade base end Antique Maroon and highlight tip Fiery Red. Paint eyes, mouth coals, and eyebrows Lamp Black. Use Lt. Mocha to highlight dot eyes and cheeks.
- 2. Use Blue Mist to add diagonal stripes on ornament top. Use Deep Midnight Blue to shade ornament top along bottom edge and around star. Shade Blue Haze along top edge of background arch.
- 3. Line hat cuff stripes Hauser Med. Green. Use same color to shade along
both sides of cuff and on crown above
cuff. Highlight center of crown and
cuff Avocado Dip. Use Deep Midnight
Blue to paint pom-pom lines; repeat
with Snow White.
- 4. Paint scarf plaid lines Antique Maroon.
Use same color to shade scarf under head, down both sides and under folds. Highlight center areas of scarf Fiery Red.
- 5. Shade bottom of star points Burnt Sienna; highlight center of star Lt. Mocha. Use Lamp Black to outline design, to add stitch lines along top
arch, and to line year.
- 1. Add Snow White snow dots to background arch. Paint backs of each ornament Hauser Med. Green. Apply several finishing coats.
- 2. Use craft wire to create hangers. Cut
1”x10” strips from fabric scraps and
tie into bows around top of hangers;
trim ends to form “V’s”.