Coffee Time Clock
- DecoArt Americana Acrylics: Black
Plum, Camel, Cocoa, Heritage Brick,
Khaki Tan, Lamp (Ebony) Black,
Light Buttermilk, Mississippi Mud
- Brushes: Loew-Cornell: La Corneille Golden Taklon: Wash/Glaze, Series, 7550, 3/4”; Shader, Series 7300, #4, #10,
#12; Script Liner, Series 7050,
#18/0; Stencil brush, Series 1136, 1/4”
- DecoArt Americana Wood Sealer;
DuraClear Varnish, Matte
- Wooden Rectangle Clock Box
12”x7”x5-1/2”, from Valhalla Designs
- Delta Creative Mini Stencil,
- Checkered stencil, 5/8” square
- 1. Apply wood sealer to entire surface. Sand and wipe dust. Base center or mid section, top knob, and feet Lamp Black. Base top and bottom sections Heritage Brick. Measure 1/4” from each corner of mid section and tape off 1/4”-wide vertical bands; base bands Heritage Brick. (Note: To avoid paint seepage, apply matte varnish to edges of tape within bands.)
- 2. Print out patterns; transfer basic details.
Stack of Cups
- 1. Use Heritage Brick to base saucer, bottom, middle, and top cups. Paint checks on bottom cup Lt. Buttermilk. Use Cocoa to paint polka dots and rim on middle cup. Paint inside of top cup Lt. Buttermilk. Use Lamp Black to add stripes around rims and along each side of checks. Shade cups and saucer Black Plum; deepen with very washy Lamp Black if needed.
- 2. Base second from bottom cup Cocoa; base stripe Lt. Buttermilk. Use Lamp Black to paint zigzag stripe and line around rim. Line Heritage Brick along each side of Lt. Buttermilk stripe. Shade Lamp Black to along each side of Lt. Buttermilk stripe.
- 3. Base second from top cup Khaki Tan; stripe and shade Mississippi Mud. Add Lamp Black lines around top.
- 4. Dry brush Lt. Buttermilk highlights on
left side of each cup and top curve of handles. Shade Khaki Tan under saucer. Shade Black Plum behind cups and saucer that overlap Heritage Brick band.
Right Side Cup
- 1. Base Khaki Tan; stripe Mississippi Mud. Base center stripe Lt. Buttermilk. Line Cocoa along each side of Lt. Buttermilk stripe. Use Lamp Black to dot Lt. Buttermilk stripe and to line around rim. Shade Mississippi Mud along sides and bottom of cup. Dry brush Lt. Buttermilk highlights on right side and on handle. Add Lt. Buttermilk steam lines. Shade Khaki Tan under saucer. Shade Black Plum behind cup on Heritage Brick band.
- 1. Base number band Cocoa; dry brush Camel highlight around center. Outline band edges Heritage Brick. Use Lamp Black to stencil numbers and to add dots.
- 1. Stencil Cocoa. Dry brush Camel highlights in center area of each letter.
Coffee Box Sides
- 1. Base leaves Cocoa; shade very, very
washy Lamp Black along left side and
dry brush Camel highlight along right
sides. Line veins Lamp Black. Base beans Heritage Brick; shade Black Plum and to Lt. Buttermilk highlights. Dot fl ower center Camel and paint petals Lt. Buttermilk. Base words Cocoa.
- 1. For diamond borders, turn checked stencil sideways; stencil Lamp Black.
Apply two to three varnish coats.