Fall Door Clock
- DecoArt: Americana Acrylics: Antique White, Bleached Sand, Burnt Orange, Burnt Umber, Lamp (Ebony) Black, Light Avocado, Midnite Green, Mink Tan, Rookwood Red, Soft Black, True Ochre;
Dazzling Metallics: Rich Espresso
- Brushes: FM Dynasty: Black Gold, Series 206: Shader, #2, #4, #10, #14; Flat Wash, 3/4”; Chisel
Blender, #4, #8; Round, #1; Script,
#10/0, #1; Fan, #4; Filbert Tooth,
1/8”, 1/4”; Tooth, 3/8”; Decorator Collection: Mini Mop, Series 400, 3/8”, 1/2”
- DecoArt: Americana Acrylic Multi-Purpose Sealer; DuraClear Varnish,
Satin; One-Step Crackle
- Wood clock with four panels
(#100837) from Cabin Crafters
- 1. Remove clock and set aside. Sand, seal, and sand pieces, wiping dust in between. Base main part of clock Rich Espresso.
- 2. Print out pattern.
- 1. Use chisel blender for all dry brushing. Use #10 or #14 shader or flat wash to do most floating. Use mop brush to soften floats, gently pouncing over water’s edge. All line work is done using either #10/0 or #1 liners; always thin paint to inky consistency, fully load liner, then blot tip on paper towel.
- 1. Use damp rag to wash door with Burnt Umber. Sand to smooth. Apply spots of Crackle throughout door. Let dry 20 – 30 minutes. Overcoat door with Antique White and allow Crackle to work. Let dry and sand lightly to smooth. Transfer pattern. Use tooth brush and Burnt Umber to rake in some soft markings or wood grain; darken with Soft Black and add some in Bleached Sand. (Note: Do not load brush with too much paint, it is almost a dry brushing effect. Make sure to work in correct direction when working cross bars.) Use Burnt Umber to shade under cross bars,
under sign, next to basket and around
veggies; darken with Soft Black. Use fan brush to spatter a fine mist of thinned Burnt Umber.
- 2. Base all hardware Lamp Black. Dot screws Rich Espresso. Use Burnt Umber to shade on doors under hardware; darken with Soft Black.
- 1. Use 1/8” filbert tooth to rake Burnt
Umber in “tight” areas of wreath; repeat with Soft Black using some “S”
strokes. Highlight with soft markings
of Mink Tan. Use #1 script liner to add
Burnt Umber and Soft Black twisted
twigs. Transfer foliage. Base lanterns
Burnt Orange; shade Rookwood Red along right side and top “dip” and float a soft comma stroke to left with True Ochre. Line soft True Ochre veins. Line stem Soft Black. Base leaves in Lt. Avocado, True Ochre, and Rookwood Red. Randomly shade in soft tinges of Burnt Orange, Rookwood Red, and True Ochre.
Line veins in same colors. Stroke odd
comma strokes Lt. Avoacado.
- 1. Base Mink Tan; shade Burnt Umber and darken with Soft Black. Dry brush Bleached Sand highlights in center.
Use Soft Black to add rope, knot, nail,
- 1. Base Mink Tan. Shade Burnt Umber and use Soft Black to darken right side and under brim. Dry brush soft Bleached Sand highlights. Stroke wood grain Burnt Umber. Paint handles Soft Black.
- 1. Base two green veggies Lt. Avocado,
pumpkin Burnt Orange, apples Rookwood Red, and center gourd True Ochre.
- 2. Shade green veggies Midnite Green;
dry brush highlights with brush mix of
Lt. Avocado and Bleached Sand. Add
squiggly lines and very thinned Midnite
Green. Paint stems Midnite Green. Shade pumpkin Rookwood Red; dry brush True Ochre highlights and brighten with a touch of Bleached Sand. Paint stem Soft Black.
- 3. Shade yellow gourd Burnt Orange; float soft Bleached Sand highlight. Paint stem Soft Black.
- 4. Shade apples Soft Black; dry brush True Ochre highlights and brighten with a touch of Bleached Sand. Paint stems Soft Black and leaves Midnite Green.
- 1. Apply two to three varnish coats. Replace clock.