Harvest Bowl and Server
- DecoArt Americana Gloss Enamels:
Avocado, Burnt Orange, Burnt
Sienna, Dark Chocolate, Foliage Green, Hauser Dark Green, Hauser
Medium Green, Honey Brown, Light Buttermilk, Napa Red, Saffron
- Brushes: FM Dynasty: Black Gold, Series 206: Round, #1, #2, #4, #6, #8; Filbert, #6; Flat Wash, 3/4”; Shader, #14; Script, #5/0, #20/0;
Decorator Collection: Mini Mop,
Series 400, 1/4”, 1/2”; Fabric Round, Series B1500, #4
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Sealer/Finisher, Matte
- Glass Bowl, 8” (#18-2025A) and
Bowl Server (#252-0054) from
Viking/Stan Brown Inc.
- 1. Wash bowl with hot soapy water; wipe dry. Wipe outer surface with rubbing alcohol; let air dry. Sand wood server and wipe dust. Base Sand; let dry and sand slightly. Apply second coat of Sand. Use sea sponge to sponge Honey Brown onto surface avoiding bowl groove.
Sponge Avocado on bowl rim.
- 2. Print out patterns; transfer basic details onto sides of server and bowl rim. Use flat wash to shade Burnt Sienna
behind design on server.
- 3. Base pumpkins Burnt Orange, stems Dk. Chocolate, sunflower centers Honey Brown, large leaves Hauser Med. Green, and sunflower petals Saffron Yellow. Apply second coat. Transfer detail lines.
- 1. Use round brushes to basecoat, filbert to base large pumpkins, #5/0 script to paint vines, #20/0 script for strokes and fi ne lines, shader and flat wash for shading and highlighting, mops to blend floated areas, fabric round to dry brush large pumpkins, and stylus to make dots. Use pattern as guide to shade
(///) and highlight (…)
- 1. Shade Napa Red and highlight Saffron Yellow; float along edges of small pumpkins, float center edges of large pumpkins and dry brush inner highlights. Add Foliage Green vines
on each pumpkin. Add Lt. Buttermilk
highlight strokes and dots.
- 1. Shade flower centers Dk. Chocolate.
Shade petals Burnt Sienna; add lines.
Highlight petals Lt. Buttermilk. Add
Lt. Buttermilk highlight strokes; dot
- 1. Shade Hauser Dk. Green; highlight
Foliage Green and add vein lines.
- 1. Base Dk. Chocolate; add Lt. Buttermilk highlight lines. Add tiny one-stroke Hauser Dk. Green leaves.
- 1. Allow paint to dry 48 hours. Follow
manufacturer’s directions to bake bowl
in oven as instructed. For server, apply
two to three thin coats varnish.