Spooky Night Wreath
- DecoArt Americana Acrylics:
Antique Maroon, Burnt Sienna,
Cadmium Yellow, Dioxazine Purple, Evergreen, Georgia Clay, Golden Straw, Graphite, Grey Sky, Hauser Light Green, Hauser Medium Green, Indian Turquoise, Lamp (Ebony) Black, Slate Grey, Snow (Titanium) White, Tangelo Orange, Wisteria
- Brushes: Royal & Langnickel: Filbert Stencil Brush, Series R1114, Small, Medium; Royal Fusion: Shader, Series R3150,
#8, #12; Aqualon: Liner, Series R2595, #1
- Exterior Varnish
- Clapham’s Beeswax Salad Bowl
- Twine or rope
- Four-season wreath with pumpkin
insert from Patricia Rawlinson
- Sponge roller, 3”
- 3M Scotch MultiTask Tape
- 1. Use roller to base wreath front Lamp
Black. Print out pattern; transfer section lines. Base top section with two coats Dioxazine Purple. Slip-slap Indian Turquoise for “dreamy” appearance. Dry rub Wisteria.
- 2. Base bottom section Evergreen and mid-section Lamp Black. Tape off bands and use wedge sponge to sponge bands Burnt Sienna.
- 1. Transfer basic details. Use Golden Straw to base moon, stars, windows, and lettering. Shade each Burnt Sienna; repeat to strengthen. Use Cadmium Yellow to add highlight accents to windows and letters.
- 2. Use Lamp Black to base buildings, fence, trees, and bats.
- 3. Base ghosts Slate Grey; dry rub Grey
Sky then brighten with Snow White. Shade faces Graphite. Add thinned Lamp Black features.
- 1. Base Georgia Clay, dry rub Tangelo
Orange. Shade sections Burnt Sienna;
repeat with Antique Maroon. Base eyes,
nose, and mouth Golden Straw; shade
Burnt Sienna. Add Cadmium Yellow
highlight accents to eyes, nose, and
mouth. Use thinned Lamp Black to
outline features and to add feature lines.
- 2. Base stem Evergreen. Slip-slap with
Hauser Med. Green then highlight center Hauser Lt. Green.
- 1. Apply several varnish coats. Let dry
thoroughly. Follow manufacturer’s
directions to apply wax. (Note: Reapply wax seasonally as needed to safe-guard against weather.) Attach pumpkin to bottom of wreath. Use twine or rope to hang wreaths.