Along Came a Spider
- DecoArt Americana Acrylics: Alizarin Crimson, Baby Blue, Blue Chiffon, Dioxazine Purple, Festive Green, Holly Green, Honey Brown, Jack-o-Lantern Orange, Lamp (Ebony)
Black, Light Buttermilk, Moon
Yellow, Petal Pink, Pineapple, Red
Violet, Saffron Yellow, Sapphire,
Snow (Titanium) White, Sour Apple,
True Blue, Vivid Violet
- Brushes: Dynasty Black Gold, Series 206: Angular, 1/4”, 1/2”; One Stroke, 1/2”, Script Liner, #20/0, #1; Round, #2, #3, #4; Deerfoot, 1/8”; Wave Filbert, #4, #8; Decorator Collection: Dry Brush, Series 200, #6, #8
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Multi-Purpose Sealer; Americana Acrylic
Sealer/Finisher, Matte; Acrylic Gesso
- Round Ball Candle Holder (#100267)
from Cabin Crafters
- Black Mircron Permanent Marker,
- 1. Use brush that best fits area to be painted unless otherwise specified. Use 1/4” or 1/2” angular to shade and highlight.
- 1. Fill any holes or imperfections with wood filler; sand and wipe dust. Apply Multi-Purpose Sealer; sand and wipe
- 2. Using photo as guide, base center section Baby Blue; shade Sapphire along top and bottom of section, then deepen with True Blue. Add a final glaze of Dioxazine Purple.
- 3. Print out pattern; transfer web onto blue section. Shade each section of web
Sapphire, then deepen with True Blue. Dry brush Blue Chiffon highlight in center of each section. Use #1 script
liner to line web Snow White; use stylus to dip-dot ends Dioxazine Purple.
- 4. Use Jack-o-Lantern Orange to basecoat top, base, and rings of candle holder. Transfer checks onto top and bottom of holder; basecoat checks Lamp Black. Shade Alizarin Crimson along each side of orange checks and dry brush Moon Yellow highlight in centers. Dry brush
Moon Yellow highlight on orange rings.
- 5. Base yellow portions of candle holder Moon Yellow. Use #8 wave filbert to wash Lt. Buttermilk through center of
sections. Shade Honey Brown in yellow sections above base and above top orange ring. Use #8 wave filbert to wash Honey Brown up toward center of each yellow section; repeat using Lt. Buttermilk.
- 1. Transfer pattern. Undercoat with Gesso. Shade Sapphire behind spider; deepen with True Blue and add final glaze float of Dioxazine Purple. Base spider
Sour Apple. Shade Festive Green and deepen with Holly Green; highlight Saffron Yellow and brighten with
Pineapple. Use #1 script liner to line legs Lamp Black.
- 2. Base spots Vivid Violet; highlight Petal Pink and shade Red Violet. Use #20/0 script liner and Lamp Black to
line hair; highlight Snow White. Base eyes and teeth Snow White; paint pupils Lamp Black. Dot Snow White highlights on pupils and add highlight float along left side.
- 1. Use marker to line eyes, nose, mouth, and eyelashes. Spray with several finishing coats.
- 1. Make several candlesticks of various heights to add an eerie aura about your home.