- DecoArt: Americana Acrylics: Camel, Canyon Orange, Hauser Light Green, Lamp (Ebony) Black, Slate Grey, Soft Black, Warm White;
Craft Twinkles: Champagne, Lime
- Brushes: FM Dynasty: Black Gold, Series 206: Filbert, #2; Shader, #2, #4, #8; Liner, #1; Script, #20/0; Angular, 1/8”, 1/4”; Flat Wash, 1”; Round, #2
- DecoArt: Americana Acrylic Sealer/Finisher, Matte; Americana Acrylic Multi-Purpose Sealer; Star Lite Topcoat; Glamour Dust: Crystal, Gold
- Loew-Cornell Berry Maker, Large
- Decorative ribbon, orange with black dots, 1/2”-wide
- Candlestick Set (22-W940), set of
three, Tea Light Battery Operated
Votive Candles (11-27450), three,
Candy Corn (01-M415), Large, 1-1/2”; (01-M414), Small, 1” from Cupboard Distributing
- 1. Unassemble candlesticks. Lightly sand
all wood items. Use flat wash brush to apply one coat sealer to all wood items, avoiding holes. Let dry and sand lightly; wipe dust. Use flat wash to base candlestick pieces Soft Black.
- 2. Print out pattern; transfer basic details onto candlesticks.
- 1. For block, use #2 shader and liner to paint “B” Canyon Orange. For spiders, load berry maker with Slate Grey; press down onto surface and twist leaving center darker and edges lighter. Use script liner and thinned Slate Grey to paint legs and hanging spiderweb dashes. Use large end of stylus to dot spider eyes Warm White; use small end to dot centers Lamp Black. Use script liner to paint cobwebs Warm White. Use 1/8” angular to shade Soft Black below
spiders on “B”. Add random Canyon Orange dots on background. Paint spiders and webs on remaining sides
of candlestick in same manner.
“O” Candlestick with Eyes
- 1. For block, use #2 shader and liner to
paint “O” Canyon Orange. Load toe of
1/4” angular with Warm White and float
ghost outlines. Use script liner and
thinned Warm White to paint mouths. Use filbert to paint eyes Hauser Lt. Green; use handle end of brush to dot pupils Lamp Black. Use small end of stylus to dot tiny Warm White highlights in upper left sides. Use 1/8” angular to float Soft Black along top of eyes with pupils at bottom, and float along bottom of eyes with pupils at top. Use script liner and thinned Warm White to paint eyebrows. Use 1/8” angular to shade Soft Black behind ghost on “O”. Add random Hauser Lt. Green dots on background. Paint eyes and dots on remaining sides of candlestick in same manner.
“O” Candlestick with Stars
- 1. For block, use liner to paint moon Camel. Use #2 shader and liner to paint “O” Canyon Orange. Use round brush to paint bats Lamp Black. Use script liner and thinned Slate Grey to
paint a thin line along top of bats wings and head; use Camel to line bottom of wings. Use small end of stylus to dot eyes Canyon Orange. Use #8 shader to base tombstone Slate Grey; use 1/4” angular and Warm White to highlight along top and left side. Use script liner and thinned Soft Black to paint “RIP” and cracks around edges. Use
1/4” angular and Soft Black to shade
along right side and bottom; use same
brush and color to float on “O” behind
tombstone and bat, then float on moon behind “O”. Use script liner to paint stars Camel. Add random Camel dots on background. Paint stars and dots on remaining sides of candlestick in same manner.
- 1. Use #2 shader to paint stripes Canyon
Orange. Paint spiders and webs for “B”, eyes for first “O”, and stars for second “O” in same manner as candlestick blocks. Use 1/4” angular
to shade Soft Black along top and
bottom edges of bases.
- 1. Use #8 shader to apply sealer on each
candle avoiding candle flame. Apply
at least two coats Craft Twinkles in
each color on candles.
- 1. Use #8 shader to paint bottom sections
Camel, middle section Canyon Orange,
and top sections Warm White. Let dry.
Apply Star Lite Topcoat on bottom
section; sprinkle immediately with
Gold Glamour Dust. Let dry and tap off
excess. Repeat process for top section
substituting with Crystal Glamour
Dust. Paint middle section with several
Orange Craft Twinkles coats.
- 1. Reassemble candlesticks and spray with several light sealer/finisher coats. Let dry. Place appropriate color votives in candlesticks and tie ribbon
in bows around stems.