Amazon Moons Embroidered Jewelry
- Tan ultra-suede fabric, 9”x12”
- Buckram canvas, 9”x6”
- DMC: Light Effects, (135), two skeins; Color Variations, (4066), 2 skeins; Satin Floss, (469, 472, 976, 995); Silver Metallic Thread (283)
- Tan sewing thread
- Silver findings: ear wires, two; lobster clasp; crimp beads, four; wire guardians, four; jump rings, four
- Silver wire, 10” length
- Beading wire, .38mm, 15” lengths, two
- Needles: embroidery, sewing
- Crimping pliers, needle-nose pliers, wire cutters
- Beacon Adhesives Fabri-Tac Permanent Adhesive
scissors, water soluble fabric marker, ruler
- Measure and mark six 2-1/2”-diameter circles, four 1-3/4”-diameter circles, and four 1½”- diameter circles on right side of tan fabric. (Note: Set half of circles aside for backing circles.)
- Print out pattern. Refer to chart diagrams to stitch designs using stitch type in colors listed.
- Embroider three large moon shapes (Moss Moon, Turquoise Moon, and Copper Moon) and two medium moon shapes (Turquoise Moon and Copper Moon) for necklace, and two small moon shapes (Moss Moon) for earrings on tan circles. (Note: There should be approximately 1/4” on edges of each circle that is unstitched.) Blanket stitch along outer 1/4” edge using two strands of Lights Effects 135 and Color Variations 4066.
- For necklace, use photo as guide to position large and medium moons on work surface. Attach moons together at points touching using tan sewing thread and whipstitch. Turn attached necklace base over. Cut seven 1/4”x2” tan strips; adhere to back of necklace base using fabric glue.
- Cut circles of buckram canvas slightly smaller than embroidered circles. Adhere to back of each circle, covering tan strips, using fabric glue.
- Measure and cut four 2” silver wire lengths. Use needle-nose pliers to form wrapped loop on end of each length. Sew wrapped loop on back of each earring circle, attaching through embroidery on back but not going through fabric on front. Attach ear wires through loops.
- Sew wrapped loop on inside top of each medium moon on necklace base, attaching through embroidery on back but not going through fabric on front.
- Adhere tan backing circles on back of each embroidered circle, covering wrapped loop ends.
- Thread one beading wire end through wire guardian and then through jump ring. Crimp end, leaving approximately 14” extended beyond crimp.
- Cut two 30” lengths of Silver Metallic thread. Holding threads together, fold in half and attach through wire guard using larkspur knot. Sew over these five strands (one beading wire and four Silver Metallic threads) using two strands of Light Effects 135 and two strands of Color Variations 4066 using buttonhole stitch for approximately 9” (or desired length). Weave ends under stitches.
- Attach wire guard; crimp and trim excess. Repeat Steps 9 and 10 for other side of necklace.
- Attach wire guard and clasp. Crimp and trim excess.