Turkey Time Card & Tutorial
- Cardstock: My Favorite Things Kraft, Sweet Tooth; X-Press It Blending Card
- Lily Bee Design Autumn Spice Collection 6”x6” Paper Pad
- My Favorite Things Kraft Button
- Maya Road Natural Lace Trim
- Natural hemp cord
- Sewing machine and cream thread
- Die-cutting system and My Favorite Things Die-namics Sentiment Strips Die
- My Favorite Things Pure Innocence Turkey Time Stamp Set
- Tsukineko Memento Ink Pads: Tuxedo Black, Rich Cocoa
- .Too Marker Corp. COPIC Sketch Markers: E00, E11, BV000, R20, Y21, YR24, E31, E33, E35, W00, W1, W3, BG70
- .Too Marker Corp. COPIC 0.3 Black Multiliner
- Adhesives: paper adhesive; X-Press It Foam Tape, 1/2”
paper trimmer, scoring board, detail scissors, ruler, pencil, large-eye needle
- Make Kraft top-fold card.
- Cut 3”x2” cream floral paper panel; lightly distress top, left, and right edges by curling paper edges with fingers. Cut 4”x5-1/4” brown dot paper panel; lightly distress edges. Adhere cream panel to top left of brown panel.
- Cut and adhere 4”x3” gold paper panel to layered panels, covering lower edge of cream panel. Zigzag stitch along top gold paper edge.
- Stamp Tuxedo Black image onto Blending Card; trim to 2-1/4”x3-1/8”. Using photo as guide, color image, except dress, with markers. Using ruler and Multiliner, draw in floor line; add shadow to floor. Add blue shading around girl.
- Stamp Tuxedo Black dress portion of image onto same cream floral paper used for small background panel. Detail cut dress, cutting around edges of arm and turkey platter.
- Place but do not adhere cut-out dress over main image to provide visual guide for pleat placement and shadow. See Photo 1.
- Beginning at dress hem, flick W1 marker up toward arm; see Photo 2. In center of W1 marks, flick W3 marker, using shorter strokes; see Photo 3.
- Blend W3 lines by flicking W1 over them, flicking marker further up toward arm; see Photo 4. Add a bit of shadow behind sleeve, under arm, and behind turkey using W1; see Photo 5.
- Adhere dress to main image. Lightly distress image panel edges. Adhere to layered panels as shown; zigzag stitch along portion of top, left, and bottom edges.
- Die cut one sentiment strip from Sweet Tooth cardstock. Stamp Tuxedo Black “Turkey” at one flagged end; trim. Stamp “Time” at remaining flagged end; trim. Shade flags in same way as image background. Adhere flags to stamped panel; stitch to secure.
- Using hemp cord, stitch button to layered panel. Adhere lace trim across panel, adhering ends at back. Wrap hemp cord twice around panel; tie bow on left side. Adhere panel to card using 1/2” foam tape.
- Use inset photo as guide to finish inside of card; stamp image using Rich Cocoa ink.