Family Recipes Box & Cards
- Cardstock: dark brown, vanilla, rust, teal
- BoBunny Press Mama-razzi 2 Collection Sidelighting Paper
- Metal items: jump rings, brads
- Dark brown seam binding ribbon
- Cutting systems: Sizzix Big Shot, Silhouette Cameo
- SVG Cuts Christmas Open House Kit Template
- Our Daily Bread Designs Stamps/Dies: Recipe Card & Tags Bundle (stamps/dies), Apron and Tools (dies), Honeycomb Background (stamp)
- Ink pads: Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Gathered Twigs, Archival Jet Black; Stampin’ Up! Chocolate Chip; Tsukineko VersaMark
- STAEDTLER Color Mediums: Ergo-Soft Colored Pencils, Karat Aquarell Watercolor Pencils, Mars Graphic Markers, Triplus Fineliner, Pigment Fineliner
- Stampin’ Up! White Embossing Powder
- Ranger Jenni Bowlin Malted Milk Acrylic Paint Dabber
- Scor-Pal Scor-Pal Scoring Board
- Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Acrylic Grid Blocks
- Ranger Inkssentials Ink Blending Tool
- Our Daily Bread Designs Becca’s Peg Bow Maker
- Needle-nose pliers
- Glitter tray
- Paper blending stumps and odorless mineral spirits (Gamsol)
- Adhesives: Scor-Pal Scor-Tape, paper glue, clear dots, foam dots
paper trimmer, scissors, ruler, pencil, stamp cleaner, heat tool, paper piercer and mat
- 1. Visit www.svgcuts.com to download template set for a fee; enter template name in search box. Follow manufacturer’s tips and watch online tutorial before beginning project.
- 2. Using Silhouette Designer Studio software, open recipe box from set. Resize template pieces at 84% so recipe card die cuts will fit in box; remove score marks from project before cutting.
- 3. Cut template pieces from Sidelighting paper and dark brown cardstock. Ink some areas of Honeycomb stamp with Chocolate Chip ink. Randomly stamp image over paper pieces.
- 4. Score box and lid pieces using scoring board. Fold and assemble box and lid using Scor-Tape. Adhere patterned paper pieces to box and lid.
- 5. Using Chocolate Chip ink, stamp “recipes” and cooking lady image onto Label Top. Stamp Chocolate Chip rolling pin onto vanilla cardstock. Color rolling pin with Karat Aquarell Watercolor Pencils; blend color using paper stump and Gamsol. Detail cut rolling pin and adhere to label.
- 6. Adhere label layers together using Scor-Tape. Sponge edges with Gathered Twigs ink. Score and adhere label to box as shown. Randomly dab box and lid with Malted Milk paint for distressed look; let dry.
- 1. Using Big Shot machine, die cut large tag from dark brown cardstock; dab with Malted Milk paint.
- 2. Stamp “what’s cooking?” and covered pot image onto vanilla cardstock; cut cardstock to fit and adhere to tag. Stamp second covered pot onto vanilla cardstock scrap. Color pot with combination of Karat Aquarell Watercolor Pencils and Ergo-Soft Pencils; blend colors. Highlight image with Mars Graphic Markers. Detail cut image and adhere to tag with foam dot.
- 3. Die cut tools from dark brown, teal, and rust cardstock; dab with Malted Milk paint. Pierce hole in each tool handle. Open three jump rings and attach one to each tool; set aside.
- 4. Using Becca’s Peg Bow Maker, tie seam binding ribbon into double bow. Attach tools to bow, closing jump rings. Adhere bow to tag, then to box lid, using clear dots.
Cards & Dividers
- 1. Die cut five or more recipe dividers from dark brown cardstock. Stamp recipe card categories using VersaMark ink; heat emboss with white powder.
- 2. Using Jet Black ink, stamp recipe card lines onto vanilla cardstock. Die cut as many recipe cards as desired.
- 3. Stamp Jet Black recipe icons onto cards. Color images using combination of Karat Aquarell Pencils and Ergo-Soft Pencils, blending color using paper stumps and Gamsol. Highlight images using Mars Graphic Markers.
- 4. Write recipes onto cards using Triplus and Pigment Fineliner Pens.