Faux Bois Candle Holders
- Dow STYROFOAM Brand Foam Cubes: 3”, two; 5”, one
- Faux bois giftwrap
- Metal candle picks, two or three
- Brown raffia
- Natural embellishments: pinecones, nuts, deer moss, etc.
- Taper candles, two or three
- Putty knife, 1”
- Adhesives: Gane Bros. Yes! Paste, low-temp glue gun and sticks, thick white craft glue
paper trimmer, scoring board, scissors, ruler, pencil
- Cut 12-1/2”x3” strip and 4” square of faux bois paper to cover each 3” foam cube.
- Vertically score paper strips 1/2” from one end, then every 3” to opposite end. Score paper squares 1/2” from each edge.
- Using putty knife, spread layer of paste over top of first 3” cube. Center paper square on top of cube. Clip corners so edges will fold down smoothly; crease folds with fingers. Apply paste beneath paper edges and press firmly to foam.
- Spread thin layer of paste over sides of cube, including folded tabs from paper square. Beginning with 1/2” tab and aligning creases with cube corners, adhere paper strip around cube. Tab will be hidden beneath last paper section.
- Cover 5” cube in same way as 3” cubes, cutting 6” square for top and 20-1/2”x5” strip for sides. Score square 1/2” from each edge. Score strip at 1/2”, then every 5” to opposite end. Adhere pieces to cube.
- Wrap raffia three times around each cube like wrapping a package. Push point of candle pick straight down into center top of each cube or 3” cubes only, as shown in photo.
- Using low-temp glue gun, adhere natural embellishments to cube around candle pick.
- Using white glue, adhere bits of moss or similar material around natural objects.
- Tie raffia bows; adhere to top of each cube.
- 1. For a holiday feel, wrap cubes to resemble little packages. Embellish with ribbon or tinsel and tiny ornaments or metallic stars after inserting candle picks.