Father's Day Card
- White blank card, 5”x6-1/2”
- Purple/Blue paper: checked, sponged, dotted
- White embroidery floss
- White button, 5/8”
- Twig, 1/8” diameter, 5” long
- White gel pen
- Cutting mat
- Paper adhesive
scissors, ruler, craft knife
- 1. Use photo as guide throughout.
- 1. Open card; trim 3/8” from each front edge, except fold. Cover inside back of card with purple/blue checked and card front with purple/blue sponged papers.
- 2. Print and cut out patterns. Cut grass border pattern from purple/blue dotted paper. Adhere grass to front of card.
- 3. Trace flag window pattern on front of card. Open card and use craft knife to cut out “window”. Outline window and front of card with white pen.
- 4. Using white floss and working from back to front, sew stick and button to card front; knot floss ends inside card.
- 5. Transfer lettering to inside back of card with white pen so only “Dad” is visible through window.
- 1. Modify patterns slightly to create sailboat window card, floating along on rolling, blue waves. Or, cut grass from green crinkle paper for added texture.