Kids Can Cook Too!
- DecoArt Americana Acrylics: Desert
Sand, Dioxazine Purple, Heritage
Brick, Honey Brown, Lavender, Leaf
Green, Lamp (Ebony) Black, Milk
Chocolate, Mustard Seed, Santa
Red, Warm White
- Brushes: Loew-Cornell: La Corneille Golden Taklon: Liner,
Series 7350, #0; Angular Shader,
Series 7400, 1/4”; Specialty: White Bristle Stencil, Series 1136, 1/8”, 1/4”
- Textile medium
- Child’s Apron
- Heat transfer pencil
- 1. Wash apron and dry; do not use fabric
softener or dryer sheets. Press with
- 2. Print out patterns; turn tracing paper over and lightly retrace with heat transfer pencil following manufacturer’s instructions. Secure pattern to apron and iron.
- 1. Follow manufacturer’s instructions for use of Textile Medium; add medium to paint before painting.
- 1. Base body Mustard Seed; use Milk Chocolate to shade and to wash feathers on body. Highlight feathers Warm White. Base beak Honey Brown; shade Milk Chocolate and highlight Warm White. Float cheeks Heritage Brick. Base wattle and comb Santa Red; shade Lamp Black and highlight Warm White. Paint eyes and glasses Lamp Black. Use Warm White to highlight glasses and to add highlight dots to eyes, top of beak,
comb, and wattle.
- 2. Base eggs Desert Sand; shade Honey Brown along bottom of each. Add Warm White highlight dots to top of eggs. Paint string Lamp Black.
- 3. Paint legs Honey Brown. Base shoes
Lavender; shade Dioxazine Purple and
highlight Warm White. Wash ground area Honey Brown.
- 1. Paint checks around border Leaf Green and add Santa Red dots between.
- 2. Heat set paint: place thin cloth over
painted surface and press with warm