- DecoArt: SoSoft Fabric Acrylics: Antique Gold, Avocado Green, Baby Blue Deep, Baby Pink Deep, Burnt
Sienna, Cadmium Orange, Cadmium
Yellow, Crimson, Dark Chocolate,
Dark Rose, Hauser Dark Green,
Hauser Light Green, Lavender, Soft
Red, Terra Cotta, True Blue, White,
Wine; SoSoft Shimmering Pearls: Magenta Pearl
- Brushes: FM Dynasty: Black Gold, Series 206: Shader, #4, #10, #14; Script Liner, #20/0, #10/0, #1; Chisel Blender, #8; Deerfoot, 1/4”;
Round, #4; Filbert, #12; Decorator Collection: Round Dry Brush, Series 100, #6
- Smooth cardboard
- Stained article of clothing (shirt,
t-shirt, pants, etc.)
- 1. Wash clothing and dry; do not use
fabric softener or dryer sheets. Press
with iron if needed. Cut cardboard to
fit inside clothing and wrap cardboard
with plastic wrap; place prepared
cardboard behind area to be painted
and secure in place.
- 2. Print out patterns. Transfer basic details using large stylus or ball point pen. (Note: If clothing item is textured, transfer design in short jaunts. It is suggested to trace patterns onto mylar or transparency sheets to avoid poking holes through transfer paper while transferring patterns.)
- 1. Use #10 or #14 shader to do most floating. All dry brushing is done
using chisel blender. All line work
is done using liners; fully load liner,
then blot tip on paper towel to “sharpen” point.
- 1. Refer to painting chart. (Note: For
alternative apparel colors, artist has
offered variations in leaf and flower
colors. Instructions given are for those
of photographed shirt.)
- 1. Use Avocado Green to base all leaves and stems; dry brush highlights with
brush mix of Hauser Lt. Green and White. Float Hauser Dk. Green along
base and edges; use liner to add veins
and to paint tendrils.
- 2. Variation 1: Base leaves Hauser Lt.
Green; shade Avocado Green and dry
brush White highlights. Add veins and
outline with Hauser Dk. Green.
- 3. Variation 2: Base leaves Avocado Green; shade Hauser Dark Green and dry brush Hauser Lt. Green highlights. Add veins and outline with Hauser Lt. Green.
- 1. Use #4 round to stroke petals White,
pulling from outside in. Softly shade
True Blue or Baby Blue Deep around base of petals. Stipple flower center Cadmium Yellow; float Burnt Sienna
along base. Stipple highlight along top edge with brush mix of White and Cadmium Yellow. Add White dots at top and add Dk. Chocolate and Terra Cotta dots along bottom of flower center. Use tip of liner and Magenta Pearl to scatter berry dots throughout design.
- 2. Variation 1: Pink Daisy: Paint flower
in same manner substituting White with Baby Pink Deep; shade Soft Red around base of petals and highlight tips White. Paint flower center in same manner as above.
- 3. Variation 2: Yellow Daisy: Paint flower in same manner as White Daisy substituting White with Antique Gold;
shade Burnt Sienna around base of petals and highlight tips White. Stipple flower center Terra Cotta; float
Dk. Chocolate along base. Stipple
highlight along top edge with brush mix of Cadmium Yellow and Antique Gold. Add White dots at top and Wine dots along bottom of flower center.
- 1. Use any of the following color combinations: Soft Red and Crimson,
Cadmium Yellow and Cadmium Orange, Dark Rose and White, or Lavender and White. Load #12 filbert with lightest of the two colors (e.g.: for dark pink rosebud on shirt, load Soft Red). Dip tip of filbert into second color. Press down and use whole width of brush; twist upwards while releasing pressure on brush coming to a fine point. A second layer may be added to fill in bud area; streaks are welcomed. Let dry.
- 2. For calyx, load round brush in lightest
color green and dip tip in Hauser Dk.
Green; stroke to fill pressing at base
of bud and releasing pressure as you
go up, coming to a fine point. Repeat
same for remaining two buds. Paint tiny
leaves and stems using same colors.
- 1. Let dry 24 hours before wearing. Follow manufacturer’s directions to cure and launder.
- 1. For a little extra “bling”, adhere mini-rhinestones over berries. For a matching
ensemble, add design to a coordinating apparel wear.