- DecoArt SoSoft: Fabric Acrylics: Hauser Light Green, Island Blue, Mediterranean Blue, White, Wisteria; Dimensional Glitter Writer For Fabrics: Lime
- Brushes: Royal & Langnickel:
Aqualon: Shader, Series R2150, #4,
#6; Round, Series 2250, #3; Liner,
Series R2595, #10/0; Soft Grip: Fitch Deerfoot, Series SG393, 1/8”
- DecoArt: SoSoft Transparent Fabric
Medium; Undercoat White; Glamour
- Duncan Aleene’s: Patch & Appliqué
Glue; Tack-It Over & Over Temporary
- Iron-on Rhinestones: Pink
- Old jean scraps
- Sweater, sweatshirt or desired
- 1. Follow Summer Patches “Artist’s tips”
information and fabric preparation.
Cut the following patch sizes from jean scraps: 2-1/2” square, two 3-1/4” squares, and 3-1/2”x6 rectangle. Cut,
fray, and baste in same manner as
- 2. Print out patterns; transfer basic details onto patches. Use Undercoat White and appropriate size brushes to under paint all design areas.
- 1. Shading and highlighting is done using wet-into-wet blending technique using dirty brush method unless otherwise noted: basecoat area and wipe brush on dry paper towel, pick up a small amount of shading or highlighting color on dirty brush, and blend into wet basecoated area. If too much color is applied, stop and remove excess with clean brush. (Note: A small amount of fabric paint goes a long way.)
- 1. Base boot White; use #6 shader to shade Island Blue. Deepen shading with Mediterranean Blue. Use #4 shader to add touches of Wisteria and Hauser Lt. Green here and there. Use #4 shader to paint heel Island Blue. Use liner and White to paint laces and stitches; shade each Mediterranean Blue. Use Glitter Writer to paint runners; use liner to guide paint to straight line.
Mittens and Hat Patches
- 1. Use shaders and fitch deerfoot to base each White. Use Hauser Lt. Green to stipple hat band, crown, earflaps and mittens leaving highlight area white. Add Island Blue shading; deepen with Mediterranean Blue. Let dry. Use liner to add Wisteria and Island Blue detailing. Highlight detailing here and there White. Alternate Hauser Lt. Green and White to paint ribs on hat and mitten bands. Paint strings and tassel fringe White. Use round brush and Wisteria to paint tassel tops and hat pom-pom leaving highlight areas white. Shade with a touch of Island Blue.
- 1. Use liner to base White. Let dry. Working one flake at a time, repaint
lines with Transparent Medium; while
wet, sprinkle with Glamour Dust and
lightly press down with finger. Shake
off excess dust. Use Patch and Appliqué Glue to attach rhinestone to center of each snowflake and to four points of large snowflake.
- 1. Follow manufacturer’s directions to apply patches with Tack-It Over & Over. Laundering patches is not recommended due to Glamour Dust and rhinestones. (Note: For permanent application omit Glamour Dust and rhinestones and use
Patch & Appliqué Glue following
manufacturer’s directions or sew in
place along basted edges.)