Mini Cornucopia Favors
- Polyform Sculpey III Oven-Bake Clay: Sweet Potato, Gold, Yellow
- Fruit-shaped candies
- Dow STYROFOAM Brand Foam Cone, 4”
- Clay leaf cutter, 1-1/2”
- Acrylic clay roller, craft knife, parchment-lined baking sheet, oven
- Adhesives: Polyform Translucent Liquid Sculpey, thick tacky glue
scissors, ruler, pencil, toothpick, plastic place mat, aluminum foil
- Condition all clay separately until soft and pliable. Working on plastic place mat, roll thin sheet of Gold clay. Wrap foam cone with aluminum foil. Wrap Gold clay around cone. Trim excess clay. Smooth seams.
- Roll 1/8”-thick Gold log; work log into 18”-long rope. Wrap rope around large end of cone, finishing at small end. Carefully remove cone from clay, leaving foil inside. Bend pointed end of clay to form cornucopia shape. Position gently on work surface to flatten bottom to stand. Roll larger rope of Gold clay; wrap around outside open edge of cornucopia. Use toothpick to add detail marks. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to bake cornucopia on parchment-lined baking sheet at 275ºF for 10 minutes. Let cool. Remove foil.
- Roll log of Sweet Potato and log of Yellow clay. Twist logs together and roll into ball, marbleizing colors. Roll marbled clay to 1/8” thickness; use leaf cutter to cut three leaves. Use toothpick to draw vein lines. Position leaves on parchment-lined baking sheet overlapping edges; press center of leaves together.
- Apply several dots of Translucent Liquid Sculpey onto bottom of cornucopia. Press cornucopia on un-baked leaf base. Return to oven and bake at 275ºF for 10 minutes. Let cool.
- Tie small raffia bow. Adhere on leaf base below cornucopia using tacky glue. Let dry. Fill cornucopia with fruit-shaped candy.