- Artminds Papier-Mâché Skull, 4”
- Diamond Tech Jennifer’s Mosaics Bright Stained Glass Mix
- Diamond Tech Jennifer’s Mosaics: White Sanded Grout, Wheeled Glass Nippers
- Krylon Spray Paints: White, Black
- Eclectic Products E-6000 Industrial Strength Adhesive
mixing spoon or craft stick, soft cloth, pencil, transfer paper, sponge, bowl, measuring spoon, disposable gloves, newspaper (to cover work surface), painter’s tape
- Cover work surface with newspaper. In well-ventilated area, spray inside of skull Black. Let dry. Tape off inside areas. Spray outside of skull White. Let dry. Remove tape.
- On work surface, separate glass tiles into individual color piles. Use color pile with most pieces as main color/background for skull.
- Use pencil and transfer paper to roughly transfer pattern outlines onto surface areas of skull using photo as guide.
- Use glass nippers to cut tiles to fit within areas on designs, leaving 1/8” spaces between tiles. When satisfied with design, apply adhesive onto back of tiles and adhere onto skull. Work in small sections at one time so adhesive doesn’t set too quickly. After adhering tiles into designs, fill in remaining background areas on skull. Let set overnight.
- In mixing bowl, add 5 Tbsp. of White grout and 1 Tbsp. of water. Mix with craft stick or plastic spoon until grout reaches “fudge-like” consistency, adding 1 Tbsp. of water at a time. If too watery, add more dry grout to mixture.
- Wearing disposable gloves, spread grout into openings between tiles on skull. Wait about 15 minutes for grout to set.
- Gently wipe away excess grout using damp sponge, taking care to not pull grout out of spaces. Remove grout from surface of tiles before completely dry.
- Use soft cloth to buff tiles to clean shine. Let dry completely for 24 hours.
- 1. To color your grout, add acrylic paint or Diamond Tech Colorants after mixing grout with water.