Halloween-Print Table Runner
- Halloween cotton fabric, 1/3 yd. each: seven print designs, light purple solid
- Cotton print fabric (for backing), 1-1/2 yds.
- Anti-pill fleece, 1 yd.
- Sewing machine and matching thread
- Fiskars Fuse Creativity System Starter Set and Medium Design Scalloped Square
- Black ink pad
scissors, rotary cutter, ruler
- Cut all print fabric, light purple fabric, backing fabric, and fleece into 4-1/2” strips using ruler and rotary cutter. See Photo 1.
- Use Scalloped Square die and die-cut machine to cut total of 48 squares from print and solid fabric strips. Repeat, cutting 48 squares each from backing fabric and fleece. (Note: When using die-cut machine, eight layers of cotton fabric or eight layers of fleece fabric can be cut at one time.)
- Position swirl letter press plate (from Scalloped Square die) into die and position die in lid; ink die. Remove die from lid. Position die in die-cut machine with one layer of light purple fabric. Run fabric through machine. Continue process, re-applying ink between each run. See Photo 2, Photo 3, Photo 4, and Photo 5.
- Create scalloped square sandwich by stacking print or stamped purple fabric, fleece, and backing fabric blocks together. Machine-sew diagonally across sandwiched fabric from corner to corner; repeat sewing, creating “X”. See Photo 6.
- Position scallop squares in desired pattern on work surface. With wrong sides facing, sew two blocks together 1/4” from edge of scallop. Continue process, sewing blocks together in rows of four.
- With wrong sides facing, assemble table runner by sewing rows of four together. Trim thread ends.
- To finish, sew 1/4” from edge around all sides of runner.
- 1. Using transparent thread as a top thread when quilting the pieces will keep your fabrics the focal point of your project.