Bless My Bloomers Pillow
- Muslin, 11”x18”
- Cotton fabrics, coordinating spring solids and prints of choice
- The Warm Co. Warm & Natural Needled Cotton Batting, 11”x18”
- DMC 6-strand Embroidery Floss: 310, 367, 780, 817, 839, 844, 3350, 3362, 3821, 3834, 3835, 3852, 3853, 3862
- Fairfield Processing Poly-Fil Stuffing
- Pink chalk or powdered blush
- Embroidery needle
- Sewing machine and matching thread
scissors, ruler, pencil, transfer paper, straight pins, iron and pressing surface
- Cut the following from fabrics of choice: back, 16”x23”; top strip, 2-1/2”x18”; bottom strip, 2-1/2”x20”; right strip, 2-1/2”x13-1/2”; left strip, 2-1/2”x16”; bow, 1”x12”.
- Print and cut out pattern. Transfer design to muslin.
- (Note: Use two strands floss and backstitch, except where noted differently, to embroider design.) Backstitch as follows: Rabbit and shovel handle, DMC 844; “Bless My Bloomers”, whiskers, shovel loop, bees and solid line on bee bodies, dotted line around bees, and ladybug outline, DMC 310; eyes (French knots) and nose (satin stitch) DMC 310; star on rabbit, third flower from left and dashed lines on bees, DMC 3852.
- Backstitch ladybug dots/circles, DMC 817; watering can handle, sides, checkerboard, spout outline, radish outline, and right flower center, DMC 3834; watering can spout, watering can top and bottom, spout dots (French knots), left flower, and inner radish lines, DMC 3350.
- Backstitch carrot and second flower from left, DMC 3853; right flower, DMC 3835; left flower center, DMC 3862; center of second flower to left of shovel, DMC 839; center of third flower from left, DMC 780.
- Backstitch stem/leaves on left flower and third flower from left and carrot top, DMC 3362; stem/leaves on second flower from left, and right flower, radish top, and ground line, DMC 367; sunflower, DMC 3821.
- To assemble, sew fabric strips to muslin, with right sides facing, in the following order: top, right, bottom, left. Trim as needed; press.
- Use small straight stitches to attach small fabric scrap to ear. Tie fabric bow; sew to rabbit. Blush cheeks.
- Sew pillow front to back with right sides facing, leaving 3” opening for turning. Turn right side out and stuff. Whipstitch opening closed.