Summer Door Clock
- DecoArt: Americana Acrylics: Black Green, Bleached Sand, Blue Chiffon,
Charcoal Grey, Green Mist, Marigold, Snow (Titanium) White, Williamsburg Blue, Winter Blue;
Dazzling Metallics: Rich Espresso,
- Brushes: FM Dynasty: Black Gold, Series 206: Shader, #2, #4, #10, #14; Flat Wash, 3/4”; Chisel
Blender, #8; Round, #1; Script,
#10/0, #1; Deerfoot, 1/4”;
Decorator Collection: Mini Mop,
Series 400, 1/2”
- DecoArt: Americana Acrylic Multi-Purpose Sealer; DuraClear Varnish,
- Wood clock with four panels
(#100837) from Cabin Crafters
- 1. Use chisel blender for all dry brushing. Use #10 or #14 shader or flat wash to do most floating. Use mop brush to soften floats, gently pouncing over water’s edge. All line work is done using either #10/0 or #1 liners; always thin paint to inky consistency, fully load liner, then blot tip on paper towel to “sharpen” point.
- 1. Remove clock and set aside. Sand, seal, and sand pieces, wiping dust in between. Base main part of clock Rich Espresso.
- 2. Print out pattern.
- 1. Base entire door Winter Blue. Transfer
details. Base top and left sides of
“L” shape trim on moldings Blue Chiffon; base lower and right sides Williamsburg Blue. (Note: Use 1/4” painter’s tape to help establish clean
straight edges.) Float upper left corner
of moldings at miter joint Williamsburg
- 2. Base all hardware Rich Espresso; dot
screws and paint handle Splendid Gold. Shade Williamsburg Blue on door under hardware and to left of wreath.
- 1. Use deerfoot to stipple Black Green;
while wet, load toe of brush with Green Mist to stipple highlights. Use #2 shader and Green Mist to stroke random little leaves. Use 10/0 liner to paint daisy centers Marigold and use Snow White to paint petals pulling from outside in.
- 2. Base sign Bleached Sand; shade Charcoal Grey. Paint wording Williamsburg Blue.
- 1. Base can Bleached Sand. Use Charcoal Grey to shade and to add streaks and rust marks using 10/0 liner. Dry brush Snow White highlight along left side.
- 2. Use Black Green to line flower stems and use #2 shader to stroke leaves. Paint daisies in same manner as wreath.
- 1. Apply two to three varnish coats. Replace clock.