Painted Embroidery Clock
- DecoArt Americana Acrylics: Baby Blue, Blue Chiffon, Blue Haze Light, Bubblegum Pink, Cocoa, Country Blue, Electric Pink, Foliage Green, Hauser Dark Green, Hauser Medium Green, Lavender, Lemon Yellow, Lemonade, Light Buttermilk, Moon Yellow, Ocean Blue, Pineapple, Purple Cow, Razzle Berry, Snow (Titanium) White, Soft Blue, Soft Lilac, Spice Pink, Traditional Raw
Sienna, Yellow Green
- Brushes: Loew-Cornell: La Corneille Golden Taklon: Shader,
Series 7300, #2, #4, #8, #12; Liner, Series 7350, #6/0, #1
- Acrylic varnish, satin
- Clock (#2096), 16” from Turns in
Time Wood Crafts
- 1. Base entire clock Soft Blue and face
section Blue Haze Lt. for opaque coverage, sanding lightly between coats. Use Blue Haze Lt. to paint inner
edges and outer edges (to include 1/4”
border on top surface) of main circle.
- 2. Print out pattern. Transfer basic details onto clock.
- 1. Refer to painting chart.
Stems and Leaves
- 1. Use #1 liner and Hauser Med. Green to paint all stems and scrolls; tip ends
of scrolls with Foliage Green and repeat with smaller stroke of Yellow
Green. Base leaves and broad section of scroll Hauser Med. Green. Use 6/0 liner and Foliage Green to add shade lines across each; on larger leaves and scroll section add Hauser Dk. Green shade lines at base. Using #8 or #12 shader, shade leaves Hauser lines around each petal. Dot centers Cocoa, Moon Yellow, and Pineapple.
- 1. Use #4 shader to base three main petals Soft Lilac. Use 6/0 liner and Country Blue to paint shade lines from base of petals up; stroke top two petals. Use #12 shader and Snow White to highlight outer edges of main petals; use liner to loosely outline three main petals. Add Pineapple center dots.
- 1. Use #4 shader to base Spice Pink. Use 6/0 liner and Bubblegum Pink to paint satin stitch lines from top of heart to bottom. Use brush mix of Bubblegum Pink and a touch of Snow White to add highlight lines at tip. Use Razzle Berry and #8 shader to shade base; loosely outline heart. Use Snow White to dot base of heart and to add stroke line at top.
- 1. Use #8 shader to base Moon Yellow; use #12 shader to shade Tradtional Raw Sienna at base and highlight Pineapple at tips. Add Lemon Yellow stitch lines across petals. Use Lt. Buttermilk to add overstroke lines along edges of side petals and detailing over center petal. Dot base Razzle Berry.
- 1. Use #8 shader to base Baby Blue; shade Ocean Blue and highlight Snow White. Paint satin stitch lines Blue Chiffon. Dot Snow White at base and along top edge.
Pink and Cream Flowers
- 1. Use #8 shader to base cream petals Lt. Buttermilk; shade Moon Yellow at base and highlight tips Snow White. Use 6/0 liner and Spice Pink to add fine shade lines at base of petals. Loosely outline petals Snow White. Base center trumpet Spice Pink; add Bubblegum Pink satin stitch lines from top front edge down. Shade base of trumpet and inside top Razzle Berry. Dot Electric Pink along top edge of trumpet. Stroke calyx on buds Hauser Med. Green.
- 1. Use stylus and Lt. Buttermilk to dot loose flowers on ends of some stems.
- 1. Use #8 shader and brush mix of Soft
Blue, Blue Haze Lt., and a touch of Hauser Med. Green to add onestrokes
leaves here and there. Use #1 liner and same mix to add extra tendrils; use #2 shader to add small fern leaves to either side of tendrils.
- 1. Use stylus and Lt. Buttermilk to add five dot groupings along outer surface edge spacing approximately 1” between groupings; add stroke line between dotted groupings. Dot along inner surface edge.
- 1. Transfer pattern. Line numbers Lt.
Buttermilk. Use Soft Blue to paint
- 1. Apply three coats varnish over entire
surface. Insert clock works.