- DecoArt Americana Gloss Enamels:
Baby Blue, Dioxazine Purple, Honey
Brown, Indian Turquoise, Royal
Fuchsia, True Blue, White
- Brushes: Royal & Langnickel Aqualon: Script Liner, Series R2585, #1; Filbert, Series 2170, #12; Glaze Wash, Series R2700, 3/4”
- Crystallized Swarovski Elements:
Round Dentelle Crystals, 2.00-2.10 mm
- Eclectic E-6000 Permanent Adhesive
- 12” Round Cake Plate with 4”
pedestal (#5624); Cake Server
(#5762); Sinoma Footed Fruit Bowl
(#4893) from Maryland China
- Clear glass wine glasses
- 1. When painting on glass, allow first coat to dry thoroughly before applying additional coats.
Background and Flowers
- 1. Refer to painting chart.
- 2. Place Indian Turquoise, Royal Fuchsia,
and Baby Blue on palette. Use glaze
wash brush to randomly slip-slap colors covering entire area to be painted. (Note: Use painter’s tape to mask off straight edges as needed.) Do not wash brush throughout entire process; continue to pick up colors. Repeat for second coat.
- 3. Place some White on palette. Sideload
filbert with White plus any one of the three colors, blend lightly on palette with short back and forth motion; stroke petals. Again, do not wash brush throughout entire process.
- 4. Use filbert to float True Blue shadow at center of flowers; repeat process
with Dioxazine Purple and Royal Fuchsia. Use same brush to reinforce
White highlights here and there. Use
liner to dab centers with brush mix of
Honey Brown and White.
- 5. Use liner and White to work all tole
strokes following embossed areas of
- 1. Allow paint to cure 21 days or allow
painted project to dry 48 hours. Place
in cold oven, set temperature to 325°, and bake for 30 minutes; turn off oven and crack open door. Allow project to cool before removing.
- 2. Glue crystals in place. (Note: Painted
surfaces are not intended for direct
contact with food. Because of jewels
used, pieces are not dishwasher
Lemon Tart Recipe