- DecoArt Americana Acrylics:
Dioxazine Purple, Golden Straw,
Hauser Med. Green, Light
Buttermilk, Napa Red, Ocean Blue,
Poodleskirt Pink, Snow (Titanium)
White, Uniform Blue
- Brushes: Royal & Langnickel:
Majestic: Shader, Series R4150, #2,
#4, #6, #12; Glaze/Wash, Series
R4700, 1/2”, 3/4”; Combo: Wash, Series L3075, 1”; Signature Series: Margot’s Miracle Brush, Series RMARGOT
- DecoArt DuraClear Varnish, Satin
- 1. Sand entire surface and wipe. Use 3/4” glaze/wash to apply two coats Lt. Buttermilk. Let dry, sand lightly, and
- 2. Print out patterns; transfer basic bassinet details omitting birds and text at this time.
- 1. Use Poodleskirt Pink and #12 shader
to base background making sure to paint neatly around bassinet pattern lines; repeat. Use same color and 3/4” glaze/wash to paint back of frame.
Bassinet and ribbons
- 1. (Note: Use side, chisel or flat of brush
to fill areas.) On palette, use #6 shader to make brush mix of Uniform Blue
and dot of Dioxazine Purple; chain
mix with Snow White (see worksheet).
Use dark mixes from chain to pull
shaded areas on bassinet. Pull pleats
and folds with mixes from middle of
chain, then use straight Snow White
for highlights. Use corner of flat brush
to pit-pat medium periwinkle mix from chain along top edge of bassinet; pick
up Snow White on corner of brush, then pit-pat over medium value to create ruffles.
Garland and Band
- 1. Use Margot’s brush and Hauser Med. Green to pull small leaves around garland and rose clusters. Use same brush and brush mix of Snow White and Napa Red to paint narrow hemline band at bottom of bassinet using light pressure and noting how band moves in and out with folds of pleats. Use #4 shader and pink mix to base all roses; side-load dirty brush with Snow White, blend, and then pull a few small petals onto each rose to create petals.
- 1. Transfer pattern. Use #2 shader to base Ocean Blue. Side-load dirty brush with Snow White, blend, and then pull small highlights onto top of heads, chests, wings, and tails. Use Margot’s brush and brush mix of Napa Red and Hauser Med. Green to dot eyes. Base beaks Golden Straw.
- 1. Transfer pattern. Use Margot’s brush
and brush mix of Napa Red and Poodleskirt Pink, thin slightly with
water, blot, then paint lettering. Use
same mix and 1/2” glaze/wash to paint
- 1. Apply two to three varnish coats.