Where Liberty Dwells
- DecoArt Americana Acrylics:
Admiral Blue, Black Plum, Camel,
Charcoal Grey, Deep Burgundy,
Driftwood, Hauser Medium Green, Lamp (Ebony) Black, Light Buttermilk, Midnite Green, Mink
Tan, Neutral Grey, Payne’s Grey,
Pistachio Mint, Plantation Pine,
Primary Red, Snow (Titanium)
White, Traditional Burnt Umber
- Brushes: Loew-Cornell: La Corneille Golden Taklon—Acrylic
Handle: Angular Shader, Series
7400C, 1/2”, 3/4”; Shader, Series
7300C, #4; La Corneille Golden Taklon: Script Liner, Series 7050, #1; Specialty: Maxine’s Oval Mop Goat Hair, Series 270, 1/2”, 3/4”; Deerfoot Stippler, Series 412, 3/8”; Crescent Golden Taklon & Bristle, Series 247, 1/2”
- Fluffy old flat or angel brush, #6
- J.W. etc.: Undercover Primer, Black; Right Step, Satin
- Rusted tin door pocket
(approximately 12”x13”) from DC&C
- 1. Apply primer to entire outside and half way into inside of pocket. Print out pattern. Transfer stripes and blue field area of flag (canton); use ruler and chalk pencil for straight lines. Base canton Admiral Blue, red stripes Deep Burgundy, and white stripes Mink Tan; work stripes all the way across, do not work around buildings.
- 1. Shade Payne’s Grey around outside of
canton. Use script liner to paint heart
wreath altering between Traditional
Burnt Umber and Mink Tan. Base star
Camel; shade Traditional Burnt Umber
and dry brush Lt. Buttermilk highlight.
- 1. Use Black Plum to shade along top of
stripes and sporadically throughout.
Highlight Primary Red along bottoms. Use crescent brush to dry brush Primary Red highlight.
- 1. Use Traditional Burnt Umber to shade
along top of stripes and sporadically
throughout. Highlight Lt. Buttermilk
along bottoms. Use crescent brush to
dry brush Snow White highlight.
- 1. Use chalk pencil and your own handwriting to write, “WHERE LIBERTY DWELLS, THERE IS MY COUNTRY – Franklin”. Use script liner and Lt. Buttermilk to paint.
- 2. Note: Work houses, etc. from foreground back.
Brown House (Front Right)
- 1. Base Mink Tan. Use script liner,
Traditional Burnt Umber, Driftwood, and
Mink Tan to work vertical wood graining.
Shade Tradtional Burnt Umber. Base
shutters Mink Tan and use script liner to add Lamp Black detailing. Paint window frame Snow White.
All Roofs and Windows
- 1. Base roofs Charcoal Grey and shade Lamp Black; dry brush Neutral Grey highlights. Base windows Lamp Black and trims Snow White.
- 1. Base entire barn Deep Burgundy and
foundation Mink Tan. Use script liner
and the following thinned colors to work vertical wood graining on all red areas of barn: Deep Burgundy, Primary Red, Lamp Black, Neutral Grey. Repeat same for silo working graining horizontally. Shade barn Lamp Black. Add Snow White and Lamp Black lining detail. Use Neutral Grey to paint ladder on silo; add sporadic Lamp Black lining and Lt. Buttermilk highlight lines. Line Neutral Grey and Snow White lining under silo roof.
- 2. For stones on foundation, use angular shader to work tiny small odd shape “c” strokes in the following colors: Charcoal Grey, Neutral Grey, Traditional Burnt Umber, Driftwood.
Shade Traditional Burnt Umber along top and bottom edges of foundation.
- 3. Work wreath in same manner as wreath in Canton adding Pistachio Mint to dirty brush. Paint weather vane Lamp Black.
- 1. Base Lt. Buttermilk and shade Charcoal Grey. Line Snow White under roof. Paint shutters Plantation Pine and add Lamp
Black detailing. Base door Mink Tan; add Traditional Burnt Umber and Lamp Black vertical wood graining lines.
Brown House (Middle)
- 1. Work in same manner as other Brown
House, but work graining horizontally
and paint shutters Lt. Buttermilk.
- 1. Work in same manner as White House, but shade Traditional Burnt Umber.
Dark Brown House (Upper Right)
- 1. Base Charcoal Grey; dry brush Driftwood and shade Lamp Black. Line detailing on porch Neutral Grey.
Pine Trees and Foliage Trees
- 1. For pine trees, use fluffly old flat
or angel brush and Midnite Green;
corner load dirty brush with Camel to
add some highlighting.
- 2. For foliage trees, use Traditional Burnt
Umber to pull branches and trunks. Use deerfoot stippler to stipple foliage
Plantation Pine, Pistachio Mint, and
Hauser Med. Green. Vary colors to differ each tree. Work foliage on bottom
right tree over front right house, White
House, and Dark Brown House.
- 1. Spatter Traditional Burnt Umber. Apply several varnish coats.