- Brushes: Loew-Cornell: La Corneille Golden Taklon: Round, Series 7000, #3, #5; Liner, Series 7350, #10/0; Shader, Series 7300, #8; Angular Shader, Series 7400, 1/4”
- DecoArt Americana Gloss Enamels:
Antique Gold, Avocado, Baby Blue,
Citron Green, Deep Midnight Blue,
Foliage Green, Hauser Dark Green,
Honey Brown, Sand, True Blue, White
pencil, transfer paper, cotton swab, rubbing alcohol, blow dryer, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- 1. Use damp or dry brushes to paint design, except when floating. To remove mistakes as you paint, wet clean brush or cotton swab with rubbing alcohol.
- 2. Note: To paint on wood tray or other porous surface instead of enamel, use Americana Acrylics in same colors.
- 3. Use rubbing alcohol to wipe design area. Print out pattern; transfer basic details onto tray.
Leaves and Stems
- 1. Basecoat leaves Avocado using shader. Force dry with blow dryer. Use #5 round to drybrush Hauser Dk. Green shading. Drybrush Foliage Green highlights; strengthen with Citron Green. Use liner to base stems Avocado; shade Hauser Dk. Green and highlight Foliage Green. Add
additional Citron Green highlights.
- 1. Use #5 round to base Baby Blue; force dry. Prepare an equal shading mix of True Blue + Deep Midnight Blue. Working one bluebell at a time, base again with Baby Blue; while wet, use dirty brush and shading mix to shade. Force dry. Dry brush highlights with White + tch. of Baby Blue. Force dry. Use angular shader and shading mix to float additional shading under calyxes and on back petals. Double-load #3 round
with Avocado and Citron Green; stroke calyxes. Force dry. Use angular shader to shade Hauser Dk. Green. Use liner to
add Antique Gold stamen.
- 1. Use liner to paint Antique Gold; shade Honey Brown and highlight Sand.
- 1. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to cure 21 days before using. Not food safe.
- 1. Use the same great design to embellish wonderful matching water pitcher and tumblers.