- DecoArt Americana Gloss Enamels:
Antique Gold, Avocado, Baby Blue,
Citron Green, Deep Midnight Blue,
Foliage Green, Hauser Dark Green,
Honey Brown, Sand, True Blue, White
- Brushes: Loew-Cornell: La Corneille Golden Taklon: Round, Series 7000, #3, #5; Liner, Series 7350, #10/0; Shader, Series 7300, #8; Angular Shader, Series 7400, 1/4”
- White enamel tray, 16”
- 1. Note: Use Americana Acrylics in same colors to paint design on wood tray or other porous surface, if desired.
- 2. Use rubbing alcohol to wipe design area. Print out pattern; transfer basic details onto tray.
- 1. Use damp or dry brushes to paint design, except when floating. To remove mistakes as you paint, wet clean brush or cotton swab with rubbing alcohol.
Leaves and Stems
- 1. Use shader to base leaves Avocado. Force dry with blow dryer. Use #5 round to dry brush Hauser Dk. Green shading. Dry brush Foliage Green highlights; strengthen with Citron Green. Use liner to base stems Avocado; shade Hauser Dk. Green and highlight Foliage Green. Add
additional Citron Green highlights.
- 1. Use #5 round to base Baby Blue; force dry. Prepare an equal shading mix of True Blue + Deep Midnight Blue. Working one bluebell at a time, base again with Baby Blue; while wet, use dirty brush and shading mix to shade. Force dry. Dry brush highlights with White + tch. of Baby Blue. Force dry. Use angular shader and shading mix to float additional shading under calyxes and on back petals. Double-load #3 round
with Avocado and Citron Green; stroke calyxes. Force dry. Use angular shader to shade Hauser Dk. Green. Use liner to
add Antique Gold stamen.
- 1. Use liner to paint Antique Gold; shade Honey Brown and highlight Sand.
- 1. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to cure 21 days before using. Not food safe.
- 1. The simplicity of this design lends itself to design a wonderful matching water pitcher and tumblers.